Sign here if you have never breathed on a used regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ummm because I'm ok with being particular but I won't allow it to kill me lol

You didn't answer whether you buddy with the same known person every dive, but assuming that's not the case, then I assume you do buddy drills frequently with people whose habits and cleanliness you don't have knowledge of.

You didn't answer whether you buddy with the same known person every dive, but assuming that's not the case, then I assume you do buddy drills frequently with people whose habits and cleanliness you don't have knowledge of.

That's it!!! I'm going to take a 100% alcohol bath!

(kidding for those who might take this serious)

Have you ever dated? Did you make out on any of those dates? One night stands? Deep kissing on one night stands? That's exchanging a lot more bodily fluids, viruses and bacteria with another person than using - or donating - a reg which after all has been automatically rinsed in salt water before you put it in your mouth. Have you ever cared for an infant? That'll give you a pretty relaxed outlook on bodily fluids, even the most disgusting types. Oral s-e-x? G-d has to be a civil engineer, because only a civil engineer would put a waste disposal pipeline right through a recreational area.

Breathing a used reg, or receiving a LH primary reg isn't quite at the top of my worry list...

'breathed on a used regulator".........
basically all regs are used after dive 1, kinda like all cars are used after driving off a new car lot.....

So you're telling me??? in an AOA situation(remember this is not a drill now) you'll just pass on a used (ie perfectly good) 2nd stage???

BTW, I too bought all new, for 3-wife, daughter, & myself--but that was the afternoon after our 4th OW checkout dive...

By chance, do you have the same thoughts on a used wetsuit...I will guess-- YES...:)......

Reactions: Doc
There's no use replying with logic to a question the OP pretty much admits is objectively illogical.

That's it!!! I'm going to take a 100% alcohol bath!

(kidding for those who might take this serious)

Just throw in a couple green olives----& I'm not kidding...................

Doesn't bother me. Hey, I never claimed this made sense

Personally I find the idea of swimming in people's snot, spit, and hair fairly revolting, esp. when I can see the snot. Or get a long hair wrapped around my face. (I swim in an adult pool, there's a good chance they have bladder control.) I started swimming at 6. My parent's story is they couldn't get me in the pool because another kid said he peed in there, so they told me he lied because he didn't want to share pool space. That got me in and at some point between then and now it got still revolting but in an abstract sort of way that doesn't trigger my gag reflex. No idea how it got that way, I don't have too many clear memories from back then. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom