Sidemount regulator preferences (and why)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I clip is to the d-ring on the opposite side. I just position the d-ring low enough so the chest strap doesn't interfere with the dry suit inflator.

I got a pair of Hog D1s when I started SM, just because, and have had no problems with them. I added a couple more for stage and deco use, and am now waiting for the new second stage which will convert to left-hand feed. Since I have been doing all my cave dives with another SM diver, no mixed teams, I can replace the long hose and go with a short hose and a LH feed reg. I tried it last trip and found it very clean, less clutter. It won't be too long before I'm groveling through small holes, with a sound track playing in my head!

Yeah, before getting rid of the long hose, try the tank swap thing in some low, really silty passage. It's not much fun being pinned up on the ceiling, making silt bombs. The long hose is easy to carry bungeed up to the tank, no reason to get rid of it.

As for sidemount regs, my friends and I have always used Poseidons. Unidirectional, don't need elbows, swivels, or hoses running behind your head.

well I tried the inflator across the chest. hmmmm, love it. thanks for ideas. just feels much cleaner. did ten dives last week that way and it felt great.

Back
Top Bottom