Sidemount regulator preferences (and why)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It does give me an idea though. Thanks. It looks like the corrugated hose is being pushed to center. Is that correct? This may help me get it off and away from the dring slightly. Is the lp hose ran under the harness?

Yes, I use bicycle inner tube to strap the corrugated hose to the chest strap so it always stays in that position. It's centered, easy to orally inflate if necessary, and you can inflate both your dry suit and wing at the same time with one hand. I route the LP hose under the shoulder strap and have it come out above the chest strap.

Ahh. I like it. It makes sense. Oops. I don't have a chest strap. LOL. Time to run to the dive shop and see what they got!

Just use 550 cord with a bolt snap. Nothing more needed. You can see how I have it rigged up in the first pic on this page - Sidemount rig modifications

Just use 550 cord with a bolt snap. Nothing more needed. You can see how I have it rigged up in the first pic on this page - Sidemount rig modifications

I've modified mine also - using some lightweight bungee and a boltsnap. I don't use a chest-strap, so I run the LPI across my chest (it's rigged on the bottom of the wing) and clip it off to the opposite/right-side chest d-ring. It's proved very convenient and easy-to-access thus far.

Thanks! I have plenty of 550 cord. Heck, I might even have an extra bolt snap.

I've modified mine also - using some lightweight bungee and a boltsnap. I don't use a chest-strap, so I run the LPI across my chest (it's rigged on the bottom of the wing) and clip it off to the opposite/right-side chest d-ring. It's proved very convenient and easy-to-access thus far.

The problem I've found with routing it this way is that the Power inflator winds up pretty much on top of my drysuit inflator valve. I haven't come up with a good solution yet. If anyone has any good ideas I'd love to hear them.

Jake

Yes, I can see how that would prove a problem with a drysuit. That's the original reason I stopped using any form of chest strap in the first place - they all seemed to route over my drysuit inflator. It's a great solution for me now though..... in a wetsuit :)

You just need to run it a little lower than the dry suit inflator. My LP inflator is positioned about an inch below my dry suit inflator.

What do you clip it to Rob? Mine is going L to R from the hip area, and getting clipped to the R side D-ring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom