Sidemount for a newer diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

\
Thanks a lot for the replies. I'm trying to find a sidemount instructor in the Cleveland area but so far no dice. I may just give it a try and practice a lot in the pool and in quarries. I'd really like help from someone to get my routing and trim and all those things down as I think it's gonna be hard to tell if my tank positioning is correct etc on my own. I'm sure I can get to a point where I feel comfortable, but I wanna make sure I do it right. I might pull the trigger...think I'll start out by giving Cave Adventurers a call. I might go with their HOG package and the nomad JT. I also need to pick up a couple tanks, probably faber lp 85s.
<

There's a sidemount instructor in Windsor ON who does the open water session at Gilboa.&nbsp; both are a reasonable distance from you. Give Ron at Benthic Scuba in Windsor a call.
There is also a guy who dives White Star quarry, and I'm out there fairly regularly as well. From my point of view, I don't see why you couldn't get instruction and have sm as just another aspect of your diving education.
You might find when you've done some sm, you'll feel less happy with having your tank and 1st stage stuck on your back out of reach:wink:
As the man says, it ain't brain science!

I hit my 25th dive (required for my course) about a week before my course started

Back
Top Bottom