Sidemount BCD Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you thought of a custom build by Sump UK?

He does all kinds of plates for setting up a harness, and I belive he makes wings.

Also, maybe something like a deco wing on a custom plate.

I dive an Stealth Tec. And It's a great bit a bit maximalist wing. As I get more and more proficient with sidemount I wish I had more minimalist setup. But for cold water and drysuit with steel's. There is not much available. Especially for deep open water diving.

Have you thought of a custom build by Sump UK?

He does all kinds of plates for setting up a harness, and I belive he makes wings.

Also, maybe something like a deco wing on a custom plate.

I dive an Stealth Tec. And It's a great bit a bit maximalist wing. As I get more and more proficient with sidemount I wish I had more minimalist setup. But for cold water and drysuit with steel's. There is not much available. Especially for deep open water diving.

Sump UK and Deco are actually two I have been giving a lot of though to recently. I love Sump UK and his innovation, quite a big fan and may end up going that route. Would love to see him setup an actual website though rather than just FB and a price sheet that is emailed to you.

• Bullseye!
Reactions: L13
Sump UK and Deco are actually two I have been giving a lot of though to recently. I love Sump UK and his innovation, quite a big fan and may end up going that route. Would love to see him setup an actual website though rather than just FB and a price sheet that is emailed to you.

What I don't understand from your post is what are you looking for or what is wrong with the K2, Stealth, Razor or the others that made you look for other solutions. What are you looking for here?

He’s a small batch manufacturer. And I guess for having a website you need inventory and way too much work.

I like his ideas, and the deco wing looks cool. I might try and get one next time I’m state side.

It would be a great minimalist setup paired with my xdeep harness. Even for steels since I usually have my drysuit on always. And it would be great diving a wetsuit w/o weights.

What I don't understand from your post is what are you looking for or what is wrong with the K2, Stealth, Razor or the others that made you look for other solutions. What are you looking for here?

Most of what you want to know could be learned from reading the entire thread but here is a short breakdown:

The K2 I find to be quite big (fits those 6' and above great) and it weighs a bit more than I would like. As for the Razor, no issues there for the most part but not sure it is a system I want to get into. The Stealth, as I said in my OP, is a great rig and I love it. It is my favorite piece of kit I own next to my Deep 6 regs and fins and my Shearwater. However I have major issues with the company as a whole, which I believe was also discussed a few posts back. I won't get into those here as they are personal and I refuse to speak negatively about a dive agency or gear manufacturer publicly or online.

I am looking for a rig that meets my needs from a company I believe in that I have no issues representing and recommending.

He’s a small batch manufacturer. And I guess for having a website you need inventory and way too much work.

I like his ideas, and the deco wing looks cool. I might try and get one next time I’m state side.

It would be a great minimalist setup paired with my xdeep harness. Even for steels since I usually have my drysuit on always. And it would be great diving a wetsuit w/o weights.
Yeah, I know inventory would be the issue but at the very least, maybe a website that shows pics of each option, even if you have to contact him to purchase. FB is hard to navigate as an option unless your business page is setup to show products.

The Deco wing is very minimal and I have been a fan of it. The only issue with it is that I also do SM tech dives and am hoping to do my Cave 1 this year. It would be pushing the limits of that rig with two AL80s for back gas and 2 AL40s for deco and I prefer to carry AL80s for deco. Although I may end up getting one in the future for doing travel diving as it is the perfect size for that.

Yeah, I know inventory would be the issue but at the very least, maybe a website that shows pics of each option, even if you have to contact him to purchase. FB is hard to navigate as an option unless your business page is setup to show products.

The Deco wing is very minimal and I have been a fan of it. The only issue with it is that I also do SM tech dives and am hoping to do my Cave 1 this year. It would be pushing the limits of that rig with two AL80s for back gas and 2 AL40s for deco and I prefer to carry AL80s for deco. Although I may end up getting one in the future for doing travel diving as it is the perfect size for that.
I’m guessing you’re mostly diving wet. Deco looks good so you can double it up as a dual bladder stacking one on top of the other if you dive wet, or if you dive dry, they you always have you suit as backup.

Most of what you want to know could be learned from reading the entire thread but here is a short breakdown:

I have been reading the thread from the beginning and you have never explained what is bothering you with the solutions offered by Hollis, xDeep and Razor except some very vague references.

The K2 I find to be quite big (fits those 6' and above great) and it weighs a bit more than I would like. As for the Razor, no issues there for the most part but not sure it is a system I want to get into. The Stealth, as I said in my OP, is a great rig and I love it. It is my favorite piece of kit I own next to my Deep 6 regs and fins and my Shearwater. However I have major issues with the company as a whole, which I believe was also discussed a few posts back. I won't get into those here as they are personal and I refuse to speak negatively about a dive agency or gear manufacturer publicly or online.

Here again, you dance around the issues but never explain what/why nor give any reasons or features you are looking for in the company or product. One time you make it sound as if it is a product issue and other you make it sound as if it is a company issue but never give any specifics.

I am looking for a rig that meets my needs from a company I believe in that I have no issues representing and recommending.

You have been unable to define what your needs are or what you are looking for in a company or what bothers you about the others (products or companies).

I have been reading the thread from the beginning and you have never explained what is bothering you with the solutions offered by Hollis, xDeep and Razor except some very vague references.

Here again, you dance around the issues but never explain what/why nor give any reasons or features you are looking for in the company or product. One time you make it sound as if it is a product issue and other you make it sound as if it is a company issue but never give any specifics.

You have been unable to define what your needs are or what you are looking for in a company or what bothers you about the others (products or companies).

If you have issue with what I am posting, then feel free to not comment. Others have made some good suggestions and I appreciate their input. Hollis, I clearly stated it was too big and weighs more than I would like. Razor, just unsure if it was what I want.

I clearly stated I will not give specifics when it comes to my thoughts on companies like XDeep. Those are my personal thoughts and will stay with me unless I am with my team and we are discussing gear with each other.

I work hard to shine a positive light on the dive industry and will not, no matter what, publicly speak negative about a dive agency or gear manufacturer.

I am sorry if this makes it impossible for you to comment but I appreciate you takin the time to read the post.

If you have issue with what I am posting, then feel free to not comment. Others have made some good suggestions and I appreciate their input. Hollis, I clearly stated it was too big and weighs more than I would like. Razor, just unsure if it was what I want.

I clearly stated I will not give specifics when it comes to my thoughts on companies like XDeep. Those are my personal thoughts and will stay with me unless I am with my team and we are discussing gear with each other.

I work hard to shine a positive light on the dive industry and will not, no matter what, publicly speak negative about a dive agency or gear manufacturer.

I am sorry if this makes it impossible for you to comment but I appreciate you takin the time to read the post.

How much larger is the K2 than the xdeep? I know or weighs 2 lbs more, but are dimensions that much more?

Back
Top Bottom