Sidemount BCD for Destination Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi Scuba Board!

I am really interested in receiving comments about the sidemount rig that I have developed for destination divers. It is not designed for cave divers, but rather for recreational divers who travel to their dive location. About 18 months ago, I sketched my design on a coffee napkin. From there I began the design and manufacture process. I have been diving with my rig for the past year, and I have recently launched a crowd funding campaign on www.indiegogo.com with the project title HONU. The purpose of my indiegogo campaign was to (1) test the market, and (2) raise capital for the first production run of the HONU. HONU - Sidemount Buoyancy Compensator on Vimeo

20130217200823-HONU_-_Back_Pic.png
20130210211629-HONU_PIC_copy.png

I would really love to hear what you think of my sidemount rig. The rig weighs approximately 6 lbs, and is configured to provide up to 27 lbs. of lift. I have tested my rig in various environments, and with various cylinder configurations. I am personally quite pleased with it, and I do hope that others will also have an interest in it. Let me have your comments.

Cheers!

-Randall

www.sublevelsidemount.com
www.indiegogo.com/projects/honu
Twitter: @DiveSublevel

Back
Top Bottom