SI Tech seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Use the oval wrist system on my Fusion. Very easy to change out seals. I believe the neck seal is a bit more engaging, but still easy to do.

You can use either silicone or latex seals with the system.

Get the Si tech replaceable system and get the silicone seals. Don't even think twice-- easy to replace, silicone is very comfortable compared to latex and as Reku said, once in the water, the neck ring grinding into your shoulders is a non issue if you have your BCD appropriately cinched and not super tight and the appropriate amount of air in your drysuit to take off squeeze. Have had mine (oval version) for nearly 3 years with my Whites Fusion drysuit and it was the best thing ever to get this system. I've never had to replace the neck seal yet. Have replaced wrist seals once and it was a snap-- 3-4 minutes. Tip: when not in use and after drying the dry suit- apply billiard talc liberally inside and out on the seals prior to storing. This will keep them pliable and lasting forever. I keep replacement seals in a ziploc full of billiard talc.

Thanks. I'll have a closer look. Our LDS has some rental suits with them. I'll try one on and see how they feel.

Back
Top Bottom