Si Tech or Apeks valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Apeks valve has a slightly larger threaded base where it goes through the suit, however you can usually use a Si Tech valve in the larger hole.

However, to really do it right, Si Tech makes a special #60810 installation ring (which they call a "port") which is cemented to the suit, and has a little collar to fill the extra space. This makes for a much more reliable and rugged installation

Si Tech valves are available from Bob3, who is a regular on this list, from Divetech in Hampton VA, and Dyk Brand in Sweden.

ba_hiker:
How difficult is it to replace an Apex valve with a SI-tech one? Are they the same size? fit the same size hole? maybe even fit a common base?

Where can I get a Si-tech valve? I am considering a dry suit, and the maker only has Apex valves available, but will install a Si-tech instead, if I provide it...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom