Si Tech or Apeks valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adam_sc:
... Do you know if you can specify a Si-tech valve when ordering a suit at DUI...
DUI does have Si Tech valves in stock, I can see no reason why they wouldn't want to give you what you ask for.
You might want to ask for Viking cuffs while you're at it. :wink:

Thanks. That's good to know. I am likely to go with their Special Production Series as stock items don't fit me well. BTW do they accept the same hoses as Apeks?

Adam_sc:
Thanks. That's good to know. I am likely to go with their Special Production Series as stock items don't fit me well. BTW do they accept the same hoses as Apeks?

I don't know my buddy has si tech valves. I will try my hose on his suit.

have had both, 7 drysuits over 15 years. Two sets had apeks, both I replaced after a few dives. Non responsive or leak. Latest expeience is ~1 year ago.

Si Tec all the way

Adam_sc:
SadiesMom, Do you know if you can specify a Si-tech valve when ordering a suit at DUI or is that a one-off kind of thing they do for you because of the faulty Apeks valve? I have searched their site and suit specifications but have found no mentions of Si-tech valves.

I'd go with what Large_Diver said...I didn't know about the issues with the Apeks exhaust valves prior to ordering my drysuit - of course, if I had, I would've ordered a Si-Tech valve from the get-go. My suit was also a Signature Series (Special Production is virtually the same, just another pocket and kneepads, I think), so I easily *could* have specified - I just didn't know. (I should've been talking to Large_Diver *before* I ordered it, who is a friend and was one of my buddies on my ill-fated chilly bath of a first dive with my flooded drysuit! :wink:).

For the record, I've just gotten two e-mails from Susan Long, president of DUI, apologizing for the problems I had with the valve -- according to her, my issues with the Apeks valve were the exception not the rule, since they redesigned the Apeks valve a year and a half ago. However, she is personally shepherding my suit through its replacement with a Si-Tech valve and the installation of kneepads (which were missed in the initial production because of an unclear fax :() and is going to expedite the repair and shipping. Gotta say that I'm impressed with their problem resolution skills and making the customer happy if there's an issue....

SadiesMom:
For the record, I just gotten two e-mails from Susan Long, president of DUI, apologizing for the problems I had with the valve

From the sounds of it she must spend 6 hours a day emailing people... :)

R..

I do find it strange the no one has posted a positive vote for the Apek valves. I was advised to go Si Tech when I bought my custom dry suit. After reading this I think I need to call my dive instructor and take him out for a beer or two. It appears that he gave me great advice.

I'm returning my TLS350 for a new valve today. I thought my neck seal was leaking but nope thats fine, It's the valve. I have the return paperwork they sent and I'm asking for a si-tech. My suit has only about 10 dives on it and this problem has been well documented for over a year. Why has DUI not done anything about it?

Dave

How difficult is it to replace an Apex valve with a SI-tech one? Are they the same size? fit the same size hole? maybe even fit a common base?

Where can I get a Si-tech valve? I am considering a dry suit, and the maker only has Apex valves available, but will install a Si-tech instead, if I provide it...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom