Si Tech or Apeks valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JustinW

Contributor
Reaction score
So, given the choice when purchasing a drysuit, which would you go with, the Si-tech or Apeks?

I have a dry suit with Si-Tech valves. I have been diving the suit since 1998. I have had no problems. I would go with these valves again.

JustinW:
So, given the choice when purchasing a drysuit, which would you go with, the Si-tech or Apeks?

Depends on how much water you want in your suit..... If you want lots of water to get in through the valves, use Apeks. if you only want a little, use Si Tech.

R..

JustinW:

Well, considering I just got my Signature Series TLS350 with an Apeks valve and had to return it after its first ocean dive having had a flood with about a half gallon of 50 degree water in it *through* the exhaust valve, I'm gonna have to say Si-tech.

My suit is currently at DUI getting a Si-Tech exhaust valve....

DUI may say they've redesigned the Apeks valve, but I've just heard too many people say they've had trouble with it...and God knows my first experience with mine was less than satisfactory. They say I got a lemon..my dive shop says mine is the first suit they've ever had to return for a faulty valve. But I personally know four people who've had their Apeks valves replaced with Si-tech valves because of leaking problems...and I make number five. Now mind you, I haven't gotten mine back from DUI yet to try the Si-tech, but I *will* say that I certainly wouldn't recommend the Apeks valve.....

Here's hoping the Si-tech turns out to be all it's cracked up to be...

I've never had any problems with my Si-Tech valves. Been diving them for 2 years now.

SadiesMom:
My suit is currently at DUI getting a Si-Tech exhaust valve....

SadiesMom, Do you know if you can specify a Si-tech valve when ordering a suit at DUI or is that a one-off kind of thing they do for you because of the faulty Apeks valve? I have searched their site and suit specifications but have found no mentions of Si-tech valves.

Adam_sc:
SadiesMom, Do you know if you can specify a Si-tech valve when ordering a suit at DUI or is that a one-off kind of thing they do for you because of the faulty Apeks valve? I have searched their site and suit specifications but have found no mentions of Si-tech valves.

When I ordered my signature series (custom) I was able to specify which valve I wanted. If buying an off-the-rack size -- unsure....you could probably get one, but it might take longer to order.

Back
Top Bottom