Si Tech Dry Glove Rings on a DUI TLS350?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On another note....We do warranty work for 3 different Drysuit manufactures and over 45 dive shops across the country, not to mention if you email Si Techs Canadian distributor, they will refer you to us (same as the above manufacturers). I wouldn't worry about questioning our process :wink: We also give you a 2 year warranty on our work.

Your shop probably won't do it because they never have done it, or as I said before, they don't have the proper adhesive to do it right. Either way, it can be done, and we have done it on numerous suits and all suit materials.

Send me your suit. If you don't like it, I will remove it and install normal wrist seals again, or if you buy them, I will install zip seals for free. I will refund our labor, the price of the system, and you only pay shipping. On the other hand.... when you like our work, and the system, you come back here and let everyone know :cool2:

This deal is only for Scubavideo....:popcorn:

Sounds like a deal to me. How do I get this done - from your web site or a call? Also, what is the turn around time?

While at my LDS I saw a set of Si Tech dry glove rings on the counter and asked if the permanently attachable ones could be put on a DUI TLS350. The tech said no way would he do that as he has had nothing but trouble getting the glue to stick.

Has anyone put these your your DS? Any leaks or other issues? I know Dive Right in Scuba advertises that they do, but I have never seen a set actually installed.

Is there something different about DUI material that makes this harder?

I own a Pinnacle Evo2 dry suit but use the SI Tech glove lock system and love it. I started out using the Viking bayonette system and actually preferred it but I have big hands and it hurt too much getting the Viking's on and off. The SI Tech is just that little bit bigger and allows for the gloves to come off/on much easier.

The ring installation system is easy for both and I have never had a leak that was not user error.

They probably had trouble with the glue on some of the TLS material.. This was an issue for Aquaseal staying attached as well. No one is too sure why, but it seems that the material with that really dark almost navy dye inside was the issue. There are some that glue and Aqua seal stay on, but more of them that do not. The problem has since been fixed, and the inside of the TLS is now grey. Aquaseal and glue stick really well to this material, so there shouldn't be an issue.

On a different note, and Kathy has already said it...I have a TLS 350 and also have the Zip Seals. I have a set that has the Diving Concepts rings in it for use with dry-gloves, and I have a set that are plain seals for warmer water. I love having that choice and flexibility of changing the seals from rings to no rings in such a short period of time.

They probably had trouble with the glue on some of the TLS material.. This was an issue for Aquaseal staying attached as well. No one is too sure why, but it seems that the material with that really dark almost navy dye inside was the issue. There are some that glue and Aqua seal stay on, but more of them that do not. The problem has since been fixed, and the inside of the TLS is now grey. Aquaseal and glue stick really well to this material, so there shouldn't be an issue.

On a different note, and Kathy has already said it...I have a TLS 350 and also have the Zip Seals. I have a set that has the Diving Concepts rings in it for use with dry-gloves, and I have a set that are plain seals for warmer water. I love having that choice and flexibility of changing the seals from rings to no rings in such a short period of time.

I do love the idea of the zip seals, but I have no reason to be changing to wet gloves - though maybe on occasional trips to the Channel Is. But if I do, the Si Tech will allow me to use either dry glove and seals or just seals. I'm sure the ring permanently attached is a bit less comfortable than the zip seal ring. On the other side of the coin, the zip seals are a real pain to attach. I'm never surprised now when I open my DS bag and find one or both seals popped. 20 minutes later of soaping and getting pissed off, the seals will hopefully stay put. I'm sure its just storing in the bag that is the issue so the LDS convinced me to remove them after diving and store them in a bag with talc. Now I have two to attach every time.:idk: But the real negative is the zip gloves, they are even harder to put on and then difficult to suit up with - I really want the ease of removal that the Si Tech promises to be.

The zip seals were a free addition when I purchased, so my only loss will be added cost of the Si Tech and install. And if they don't work out, I will be taking DRIS' offer to reinstall zip seals. Of course those won't be cheap.

Wow, I was not quite expecting the cost of this system. Nearly $550 installed and shipped. For some reason I thought it would be under $300, so I will have to pass.

Install $150.00
Leak Test $45.00
Perm Rings $63.19
Dry Lock $181.86
Gloves $23.99
Silicon Wrist Seals $54.99
Shipping $25.00?
Total $544.03

Wow, I was not quite expecting the cost of this system. Nearly $550 installed and shipped. For some reason I thought it would be under $300, so I will have to pass.

Install $150.00
Leak Test $45.00
Perm Rings $63.19
Dry Lock $181.86
Gloves $23.99
Silicon Wrist Seals $54.99
Shipping $25.00?
Total $544.03

The leak test is free.....A lot of people start by NOT getting the glove lock. Due to the cost, they use the system with the rubber pullover gloves. This is because they want to get the permanent wrist system installed due to the replaceable wrist feature. The pullover gloves actually work great as drygloves, and is my favorite system. If you end up not liking the pullover system, your only out $10 in gloves, and you can buy the Glovelock in 3months, 8 months, 2 years, or whatever. At least you spread the cost out a little, have a removeable wrist seal system, and have drygloves. That alone would drop $200 off your price. If you got with Latex over Silicon (which can be added again later) you save another $30. Bringing your cost down dramatically ($544 - $45-$181.86- $30). Not to mention I said we could walk you thru how to DIY and you could save $150 in labor......

You gotta remember your looking at adding a lot of stuff....a lot of expensive, high end stuff to your suit. Your not going the cheap route in your above figures.....you would also never pay for a wrist seal replacement again, saving you longterm. You also never have to worry about ruining a day of diving, a week on a liveaboard, or just a weekend five hundred miles away of diving as you can replace your seals.

You gotta pay to play :wink:

I'm glad the leak test is free, but this is what your price sheet says:

Install Perm. Wrist System - $150 labor only- System, Seals, Leak Test not included

I will have to stay with my Zip Seals as I can't spend the money. The reason I was switching was for the dry glove system and not a replaceable seal system which I already have.

I'm recently disabled on the job as an EMT and now going to college for a new career. So $300 was pushing my budget limits.

Thanks for the info and I will probably get this done at some point, just not now.

Like kathydee I have Diving Concepts dry glove rings on my TLS 350 wrist zip seals. I installed them myself - it is a bit of a pain, but doable. You might want to price it out.

I prefer to not leave the DC rings on my zip seals in warm water. Putting the rings on and off the zip seals is very stressful on the seals and I would imagine that you can only cycle back and forth so much before the seals rip. I purchased a second set of wrist zip seals for use in warm water.

I'm glad the leak test is free, but this is what your price sheet says:

I will have to stay with my Zip Seals as I can't spend the money. The reason I was switching was for the dry glove system and not a replaceable seal system which I already have.

I'm recently disabled on the job as an EMT and now going to college for a new career. So $300 was pushing my budget limits.

Thanks for the info and I will probably get this done at some point, just not now.

If you want a Major Leak test, that is not included. We leak test our work for free, just not your entire suit, unless you want it done which is $45. I will go back and clean up the wording.

Well, if you get the perm. wrist system $63.19
Silicon seals - $55
Labor - $150
Rubber gloves - 10
------------------------
$278.19

Your under your $300 limit and you have the replaceable silicon system and drygloves. If you place the order online, your over $75 for Free Shipping and you earn loyalty points on the products for use on a future purchase.

You can always get the Glove Lock system and use it in conjunction with your Zip seals, but as you said, your zips pop off sometimes and are a PITA, which is why I assumed you also wanted the replaceable system and not just drygloves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom