Shuttle Launch Today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar:
It's funny how the media coverage is soo scrutinizing now...no Shuttle launch was ever routine, but before the disaster launches would barely get any coverage...
You got that right. I've always been interested in every launch. I used to be able to watch them on TV when I was growing up. I remember watching the challenger.. :( Then at one point I couldn't even find the launch live on TV. If I was lucky I might get a 10 second clip on the news of the launch, but sometimes they didn't even offer that. It's a shame that it takes tradegy to get the media to realize how dangerous every launch is.

Matt

I just wanted to let everyone know that the shuttle people are looking into the faulty sensor...I will provide updates every hour from now until the shuttle launch.

thanks,

I’m not getting to excited about the reschedule since many of the techs here complained about the intermittent problem with the ECO sensor in April, so some rocket scientist decided to rebuild the black box that reads the sensor. They bring the black box back (after breaking it further in testing) and the sensor works on the next test, so they think all is well with the system and tell the techs how stupid they were for suspecting the sensor in the first place.

For some reason the ECO sensor seems to work well in the O2 tank, but they’ve always had problems with it in the H2 tank, so they keep replacing them instead of designing a new one.

Someone in mission control just sneezed!! A complete breakdown of what happened to follow. Web Bloggers, please update accordingly with your thoughts on this.

Live coverage of eyewitness responses to the sneeze coming up soon. Stay tuned...

Take 2 is on....10:39 today!

Discovery is away! Just passed the point of no return. Godspeed Discovery!

Matt

Back
Top Bottom