Shrimp BOV ball valve removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flymolo

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to remove the ball valve from the body of the shrimp bov? I've removed the ball valve cover, the flapper valves and flapper valve holders, and the 2 ball valve seat retaining rings, but there is one seat on each side of the ball valve that's holding it the valve in place, and I'm not sure how to get those seats out. The original service manual doesn't seem applicable to newer style shrimp bov.

As an aside, did anyone else find the retainer clips take a lot of force to push back into their grooves? I wondered if it had something to do with the o-rings in the subgravity kit I used.

As an aside, did anyone else find the retainer clips take a lot of force to push back into their grooves? I wondered if it had something to do with the o-rings in the subgravity kit I used.
You are compressing the orings to get them to seal. Over time the oring takes a set, so removing them feels easier than when installing the new ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom