show us your RB'er!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gosh, I love this thread! There's a nice pic. of Meg. from PadiPro. His config. looks very clean and more than anything shows how fun RB diving can be! Leon should update his website with these shots! On another note - I wonder how the Diverite RB looks without the fabric cover?

I also like these oxygen rebreathers. The third one with the gray hose reminds me of a plumber gone awry!

I'll have to post somethng cool too. Gotta find something.

X

HO-LY ****-ING ****!!!!!!!! I was just wondering about rebreathers, how they work and if many people use them. 240FT!!!!!!!!!! ALL THOSE TANKS!!!! My deepest dive brought me to about 81ft and I almost **** myself because it was the deepest I've been yet.........very humbling and I have a lot to learn. WOW

rigdiver:
That particular one looks like the Armadillo from Golem Gear. The DR is quite a bit wider/larger. Both seem to work quite well. I've used the Golem one and am quite pleased.

Ah Thank you, when my wife mentioned Nomad, I had Armadillo in the brain.

The whole set up looks neat and the trim looks good, I have the Narked at 90 stand made by John Routley, having a look at the picture the same result can be achieved.

Something to look at... :D

JD White:
Well, here we go!
Recently purchased an Inspo Vision, trained by Simon Liddiard in Lombok, Indonesia. Photos taken by a french guy on the dive. Diving on a WWII Japanese Sub chaser in around 40m on the 2nd to last dive of the course.
JD

Nice Pic Jarrod and Welcome to Scubaboard.

Mr.X:
I also like these oxygen rebreathers. The third one with the gray hose reminds me of a plumber gone awry!

I don't know about you Mr X, but I feel you can explain away a Meg, Inspo, Optima and even a KISS.

But how do you explain these O2 RB Home Builds to the authorities when they come calling???

Run that by me again....

O2 Rebreathers???

Rebreathing What???

Yeah Right (Thats a double negative)

:lotsalove: :D :wink:

almity1:
I don't know about you Mr X, but I feel you can explain away a Meg, Inspo, Optima and even a KISS.

But how do you explain these O2 RB Home Builds to the authorities when they come calling???

Run that by me again....

O2 Rebreathers???

Rebreathing What???

Yeah Right (Thats a double negative)

:lotsalove: :D :wink:

The authorities have not come a calling yet!!! :confused: Some of the newer units sold on the market may require some documentation (Castoro?) , while a lot of the others are coming in second hand from Europe (excess Nato). However, don't quote me here as I am not totally up to speed re: the O2 RB market.

One of the designs (pic) reminds me of the late Will Smither's TP oxygen rebreather. The others are imaginative and probably quite scary if used off the living room couch. I can imagine the WOB against a bicycle, or motorcycle innertube!

Cheers,

X

almity1:
Chriso and everyone, what is that thing that is holding his bail out on his backside called???

Hi Theo
It is an Armadillo, clip the tanks onto your @rse, then the valves are put through a loop of Bungy under your arm. Without doubt the very best way to carry your bailout.

You can do the same thing by clipping your tanks off to the side of your Narked @90, two slots on either side of it work great with this setup. All you need is some Bungy from Bunnings to make some loops, thread them through the top hole of your Backplate, you may have to muck around with the length till it is comfy. This is a way better method then clipping them to DRings under the Lungs or even worse the bottom of the lung.

Cheers
Chris

almitywife:

Come on LSL, do you seriously think I would wear anything made by DiveRite.... :rofl3:

Dr Mike Looking very Sexy in his FFM, Kevin in the background on Deco.
1.jpg

Cheers
Chris

200ft To the nearest Wreck

1000 Miles To The Nearest Dive Shop

5000 Miles To The Spare Parts

Watching Kevin Working On His busted $15,000 Mk15.5 Rebreather With A Hand Drill...

"PRICELESS"

4.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom