Show me your workbench

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthWoodsDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am planning on building some sort of work bench area designated only to working on dive gear. Right now I dont even have space but I have the materials so I'm just gonna build it and put it at the storage facility a mile from my house with my tanks and O2 cylinders.

I'm looking for some pics maybe and sizes just for inspiration.

Things I plan to include are tank vice, tumbler (on a lower shelf or something), peg board for tools, book shelf for manuals/catalogs, well ya know.

This isn't ment to be a work area for DIY projects only working on regs, tanks, or other small "cleaner" projects.

Thanks so much.

While not dedicated to scuba, this is my garage workbench...click for larger.

And this is my hobby room workbench. Again, not dedicated to scuba, but it keeps me out of the garage during weather extremes...click for larger.

Mine looks very much like a dinning room table with a small portable vice attached. :)

Mine is a mess.so I don't show :rofl4:

Excessive mess!!!!!!

And it is a pity i need my need is fool of to bee don stuff.
But it has to wait now I am off to complete a engine install for one of the best UW fotografers in the world according to BBC and Shell 2007.

This is my regulator bench. In addition I have a tank vise made from a 8 inch by 8 inch piece of angle iron about 10 inches long and uses a channel lock chain type wrench to hold the tank in place. I have also made quite a few special tools for working on regs. There is a tank valve mounted to the bench for attaching the first stage. I can vary the psi from zero to 3500 psi with the panel mounted regulator knob. Air is supplied via a set of 130 cf doubles when I'm not diving them.
A second stage can be mounted to the flow meter on the panel and a vacuum is generated with low pressure air to determine the exact cracking pressure of the reg.
The pressure pot to the left of the table can take regs , camera housings , computers etc. down to 300 feet.
All in all the whole thing is way more than needed, but it was either that or a crack lab.

Randy

Attachments

• SSCN1497.JPG
    SSCN1497.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 505
  • SSCN1498.JPG
    SSCN1498.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 543
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom