Shoulder strap extender

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

driftwood

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I had a rotator cup injury in October and am getting back diving again. The problem I have is that my flexibility has not quite come back and I am having trouble with the shoulder straps on my Ranger. Two or three extra inches would be a blessing right now. Is there an extension that fits the QD on the shoulder strap?

Are you having trouble getting in, irritation after it is on or is your shoulder popping out with the harness on?

Just trouble getting into the BC. If I thought my loss of flexibility was going to be permanent, I would just go ahead and buy a larger shoulder strap.

If it is an entry problem a slight modification to add a quick snap buckle to one or both of the straps might be a good idea. It would make entry and exiting the BC much easier. Not very expensive either.

I hear you, and very specifically I am looking for a QD with a male and female fitting for a Ranger shoulder strap.

Thanks for the concern and I guess what really irritates me is getting older, injured, not bouncing back quickly, and above all having to change my predive ritual to accommodate my frailties. Might be a good time to move this thread to Whine and Cheese!

Doubt if one is factory made but it would be easy to get a pair of clips and have one sewed on to each end of a short piece of webbing. You can likely find them at a sporting or marine dealer (REI) and have a taylor sew them on or some stainless steel screws, nylon lock nuts and fender washers should do the trick. (Lowes- Home Depot). Make sure the nuts are facing out to avoid cutting a wetsuit. I would cut them to length and grind them smooth but then again I like playing with my Dremel tool. :)

Got the problem solved. A friend has a Zeagle Scout that he is not using with XL shoulders. Took five minutes to change them out with my shoulder straps. Gotta love the modular construction Zeagle uses.

Thanks for all the help!

Today, I found an 'almost the perfect answer' for a strap extender. The Zeagle Crotch Strap 2" Wide p/n 519-CS02. The quick disconnects are the same ones on the shoulder straps and using a quick link chain connector you come put with a 5-6" extension for the strap without having to alter either the shoulder strap or the Crotch Strap. Best of all the part goes for around $9 and the connector for $2.50.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom