Should we try a Roll Call?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is the most current version of the list. I thought I'd repost it at the end of the thread, so that people wouldn't have to hunt for it.

Go over the list and make sure that I don't have any mistakes on your entry. For instance, make sure that when I put links to each persons profile, I didn't accidently link your name to someone elses profile. I did this when I was a bit tired from a busy day, so you might find something.

I'm trying to keep the comments as simple as possible. I'm trying to not include any info that could be found in someone's profile or that changes frequently (like number of dives). I'll also try to go through and eliminate any references to time like "I'm about to do this or this winter I want to do that". I think it helps to keep the list from looking stale and dated down the road.

On the otherhand I don't want to eliminate the comments, because I think they add "personality" to the list. I want to keep it fun. After all, that's really the point of why we're all here!

So, based on that, let me know if any of you want to change your comment slightly or have anything corrected.

Also, some have expressed a concern about including a last name. If you want me to eliminate your last name from the list let me know and I'll do it ASAP. For some it doesn't matter and that's fine, but others started having second thoughts about it. Feel free to send me a PM if you prefer and I'll confirm that the change was made.

Thanks.

Christian

===== Total Members in SoCal (53) =====

- Santa Barbara County (1)

hoopa - Bruce - Palm Desert/Santa Barbara - apeks/omsiqpack/vytec, golden retriever

- Ventura County (1)

Neil - Ventura - instructor - Can my cat Speedy be our mascot?

- Los Angeles County (20)

Arnaud - Arnaud - Los Angeles - Kelpaholic OWSI with a dash of DIR

ChrisM - Chris......M..... - Torrance - Sorta kinda maybe DIR, uw photographer, married, no pups

dazedone - David - Westchester/Marina del Rey

Derby - Chris... (but everybody just calls me 'Derby') - Playa del Rey

divercooke - Greg Cooke - Long Beach - Hull cleaning is my life

headhunter - Christian - Altadena - Renaissance Diver 'cause I'm starting over with a vigorous revival of learning in the art of SCUBA diving!

hermosadive - Hermosa Beach

ICY ICE - I.C. Elguezabal - Eagle Rock

Max Bottomtime - Phil Garner - San Pedro

MikeT - Michael Thibeau - Los Angeles - Videographer

PhotoTJ - TJ - The Valley - Hunter/Photographer

sapphire - Jennifer - Claremont (As Ken would say, the "909") - Love to take pictures underwater, No longer only dive in the warm water :biggrin: as my drysuit is on its' way

Scottkl - Scott - The Valley (Tarzana) - Aspiring Hunter; Photographer; & hopefully Videographer some time soon.

sijtse - Mark - Manhattan Beach - OW for about a year -dives all cold water, am ready to start hitting PV again this winter. Tahiti in the spring. Love the water, frozen or thawed.

socaldiver - Dave - Norwalk - married to Summer99

So Cal Divin - Jeff Gray - Woodland Hills - Happily Married to a land loving warm water Princess. Two boys 5 & 7 my future dive buddies. Me landlocked til x-mas due to back surgery!

SoCalOffshore - Geordie - Westlake Village - Offshore performance boating

summer99 - Kath (Kathryn) - Norwalk

TeqP - Phil - Azusa - I need an UW camera. Recently moved back to LA form Atlanta. Looking to dive more now that I am buying my equipment.

Wrinkles - Ana - The Valley (Northridge)

- Orange County (14)

Ann Marie - Ann Marie - Mission Viejo

CA Diver - Tom Mury - Aliso Viejo

dgallo - (see Nay :D )

JDog - Jim - Fullerton - single

jetfixer - Todd - Fullerton - Started in warm water and now enjoying the cold!

MyDiveLog - Phil - Yorba Linda - Instructor. 5 kids and a scuba addiction; who has time for anything else?

Nay - Renee - Santa Ana (barrio Santa Ana, not South Coast Metro) - married to dgallo, though he rarely posts

Robert Phillips - Robert Phillips - Rancho Santa Margarita - Dude, I TOTALLY dig Satan!

Rouky - Erik Merkez & Christelle (2) - Irvine - + 1/2 girl....coming in november....

saf_25 - Stacy - Single, 2 cats

Scott Riemer - Scott Riemer, of course. - Yorba Linda - Quick comment: Christian, you have time for this and greeting too?lol

scubacalifornia - Mission Viejo - Kevin - Wife, 2 kids, dog. Favorite cartoon: Spongebob ,of course! Next scuba acquisition: Prescription dive lenses, so I can see the heck where I'm going!

whalerkyle - Kyle - Advanced Lobster Snatcher

- San Bernardino County (3)

mccabejc - Jim McCabe - Upland - If you're looking for a weekend buddy, let me know.

new guy - Jim - San Bernardino - Taking my cert dives this weekend for OW, looking forward to some bugs next month.

xSandman3 -Dale - Calimesa - East of San Bernardino a ways. Screen name I've had for well over 12 years now. Middle School Music Teacher/Wannabe School Administrator.
Whole family was certified and dives together.

- Riverside County (2)

DjS - Dj or Donna - Murrieta

Scot M - Scot - Riverside

- San Diego County (12)

Abratty - Allen Bratty - San Diego

divebuddysean - Sean - San Diego

divinman - Terry - San Diego -Not an underwater photographer, just a diver with a camera

Gomer Piles - Brian - San Diego

lttleldydver - Becki - Coronado - Learning to like it cold

moonie - Amy - San Diego - Diving is intriguing, gets more interesting every day! Diving Dry Rocks!

Mr. Clean - George - Ramona - Single/Divorced

Peter McGuinness - Peter McGuinness - Poway, Club: Seadeucers, Age: Somewhere between wrinkly and crinkly

ryanarcher - Ryan Archer (another original name!) - San Diego

Sam_In_SanDiego - Sam Haley - San Diego - Video Editor - Basically Married (Happily) - Avid Shaka Zulu pic fan

ShakaZulu - Roy - San Diego

Turtle Diver - Mark - Carlsbad

- Long distance/honorary SoCal members (0)
(ie, live in Las Vegas but dive SoCal or visit us from Florida and become honorary members)
[I'm sure we'll add some soon :D]

ryanarcher:
Sorry I am so late on this! ryanarcher - Ryan Archer (another original name!) - San Diego
You're not late at all!

That's why I planned on waiting for about a week before putting up a final draft as a "sticky" thread. I figured it would take a week for some people to see the thread.

It hasn't even been up for 2 full days yet.

Christian

My wife is Summer 99 :07: :10:
Her name is Kath (Kathryn)
Believe it or not, she lives in Norwalk, just like me
That would be LA County
She is SSI cert, 100+ dives

She doesn't post too often but she lurks alot. :eyebrow:

What about I?
Keep Ken's "geography" lesson out of this whole thing or I will vomit on him the next time I see him! :wink:

ScubaBoard screen name:Robert Phillips
Actual Name:Hmmn?
City:Rancho Santa Margarita
County:Orange
PADI, AOW; GUE, DIR-F
80+ dives, all in Cali!
Quick comment: Dude, I TOTALLY dig Satan!

ScubaBoard Screen name: Scottkl
Name: Scott
City: The Valley (Tarzana)
County: Los Angeles
Comment: Aspiring Hunter; Photographer; & hopefully Videographer some time soon.

ScubaBoard screen name:CA Diver
Actual Name:Tom Mury
City:Aliso Viejo

ScubaBoard screen name:So Cal Divin
Actual Name:Jeff Gray
City:Woodland Hills
County:The Valley
PADI: AOW 11/03 Enriched Air Dive. 39 dives
Quick comment: Happily Married to a land loving warm water Princess. Two boys 5 & 7 my future dive buddies. Me landlocked til x-mas due to back surgery!

ScubaBoard screen name:Rouky
Actual Name: Erik Merkez
Actual Name: Christelle
City:Irvine
PADI: Rescue Diver (both) + some CMAS stars
Quick comment: + 1/2 girl....coming in november....

ScubaBoard screen name:TeqP
Actual Name: Phil
City:Azusa
County:Los Angeles
PADI: OW (July 04)
6 dives + 2 more this weekend
Comment: I need an UW camera

Recently moved back to LA form Atlanta. Looking to dive more now that I am buying my equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom