Should threadjacking be a crime?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeJacobs

Reaction score
We all do it - threadjacking is when we "turn" a thread from it's intended purpose by joking, replying with an alternative event or replying with a related question before the original is answered. As a result, the event or question gets lost and it can take a while to get through the thread, info is missed, or the original poster is ignored under his own topic.

We aren't all that bad here in Conch Divers, but "chatting" in a thread is a little like talking loudly while somebody is speaking to a group.

It's always irritated me, but of course I can be one of the worst offenders. When you see me threadjacking I hope you'll send me a PM. I'd do the same for you, as perhaps should we all.

Just a thought... YMMV of course!

I thought of a question on a similar note, what happens if we want to discuss butt-mounting a cpr dog rescue kit or use a spare air to give us time to reach our pony reg. I mean these are serious questions that need answering, as long as someone doesnt take us off subject i dont mind discussing serious stuff :wink:

Agreed Mike I have done it unintentionally at times, but find IF some one gives a little prod it usually comes back on topic and a new thread develops from the drift.
Likewise if I drift give me a nudge.

Any had any Thai food lately?

CincyBengalsFan:
Any had any Thai food lately?
No, but I had some good mexican food for lunch.

Should this thread be here and not in either the scuba humour/non-diving related, site support forums?

I made my own sandwiches and brought in fruit to eat during the day, far healthier than Thai or Mexican.

As for prodding, i dont know who really needs it, i run for the food counter, or open the menu as soon as i hit the table.

tsk tsk... tsk tsk...

the verb "to affect" means to have an effect upon something... ( i hope my barfing doesn't affect your
view of me)

"effect" is a noun and means the consequences of an action
(i can only imagine what effect my barfing had on your opinon of me)

tsk tsk...

Threadjacking must not be permitted! I feel as strongly about this issue as I feel about the Air 2 being a requirement for DIR diving to resovle potential entanglement issues with the unsafe 7' hose. Threadjackers should be forced to dive with splitfins until they acknowlege their supieriority to Jets.

H2Andy:
tsk tsk... tsk tsk...

the verb "to affect" means to have an effect upon something...

"effect" is a noun and means the consequences of an action

tsk tsk...

I admire your understanding of the English language. Do you remember School House Rocks? I loved those little cartoons in between the real ones on Saturday morning when I was a kid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom