Should I upgrade or ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sapphire:
Thanks, Lisa, that's a good perspective. I like that flexibility too! I may start looking into the upgraded Oly's... but I do really hate that dang shutter lag!

Yeah, shutter lag is a major PITA! I have missed some good stuff because of it.
Wolverin just tested the 7070 and says it has minimal shutter lag and his results are fantastic!
PS - I AM glad it wasn't while we were sleeping... how scary for you!

Imagine how scared the skinny little burglar was when Roger stood up to his full 6'3" and poked him in the butt with a spear gun :eyebrow:
But I admit, it took me a while to be able to walk home from work again.

Quick note on optical converter for Inon. As far as dSLR goes, as nikonos bulkhead and 5 wire configuration is the standard but the number of wires connected is not (you don't need all 5 wires unless you are using for example iTTL compatible strobe with D70 ie housed SB800) so depending on housing manufacturers, some will have all 5 wires connected while some won't (and some such as Subal comes with 2 bulkheads, one with 5 wires and one with 3 wires).
As far as I know, Inon Optical Converter will work with Nexus housing, not with Sea and Sea, not compatible with Ikelite (different bulkhead) and my guess would be that it would work with Subal. Most dSLR housing also won't let you use internal flash to trigger the strobe so if you go dSLR route, you will most likely have to upgrade the strobes as well unless you stick with Nexus (which is an excellent housing, by the way).

Back
Top Bottom