Should I Replace my Bare SB suit with another Sb?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdailey777

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for any experience in replacement of your Bare SB suit. I love the suit. It is by far the most comfortable suit I have owed as of yet but it is starting to delaminate and I am concerned about leaking. Do I go with another SB or one of their other suits? I am starting down the tech path now and I want something that is durable but yet I love the flexibility of this suit.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this delema and what did you choose and why?
Any help would be appreciated.

Well the decision may already be made. Bare announced a couple of weeks back that they were suspending the production of the SB due to issues with the fabric. You may have to wait for a while if you want a new SB.

I believe with the recall - you have the option of taking a loaner suit.
Maybe try another of their suits and see how your diving goes.

I also have a Bare SB, but no delam issues so far.

You'll probably desire a drysuit with pockets if you go down the tech route.

If you are thinking about the Tec route, you will want to go with a suit that can handle 2 pockets (1 working, 1 B/U) which the SB suit can't do. If BARE is giving you a deal on a new suit (as they should) I would go with the Trilam HD Tech Dry with 2 Bellows pockets. If you want a Trilam that is a little less stiff then there the Bare Trilam Tech Dry and get it with 2 bellows pockets. One concern with the Bare suits is valve placement, not efficient so have them move it over 2 inches and you should be good.

What did you wind up doing for a new suit? And how did BARE handle the return?

My de-laminating SB was replaced by BARE via LDS. Unfortunately the replacement had a latex neck seal. That suit was replaced with an SB having a neoprene neck (like my original suit). So far so good but I await the "new" material which I may take advantage of.

Back
Top Bottom