Should I or should I not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pitchblack

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I think i'll be the first one pulling this one off...I've got two long 12 liters 300 bar tanks and the thought of doubles has struck my mind a couple of times, but all doubles that are for sale are 2 x 12L x 232 Bar.

I've found 300 bar valves and manifold with isolationvalve that will fit, should I connect my two 12x300 bar tanks?

That would be 55 kilos or 121 lbs of pure weight when filled.

We don't have those types here in the states, but...

I am fairly confident they will be really heavy, so much so that you may not be able to keep your head out of the sand (mud?).

Keep the heavy beasts as single tanks (used with a small-ish weightbelt I assume)

The lighter weight 230 bar steel tanks are more appropriate for doubles.

what are the buoyancy characteristics of those tanks? they might work fine, if you can get them filled. If you can fill them to their full potential why waste your time.

Where is Sweden are you located?

I grow up in Trollhattan, Stockholm, and Karlstad.

what are the buoyancy characteristics of those tanks? they might work fine, if you can get them filled. If you can fill them to their full potential why waste your time.

For comparison, double lp85s are basically equivalent to 12Lx 230 bar tanks. They roughly weigh 38x2+5 for manifold/bands + 12 for gas = 93lbs (42kgs) full of air or nitrox.

The 300 bar tanks are roughly 22lbs (10kgs) more negative when empty.

I am pretty sure that's why the OP hasn't seen anyone doubling 300bar tanks up. Too much mass too high up the back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom