Should I get this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xologist

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone!

I found someone selling everything in the picture, including the tank for $350.
I am nitrox certified, but I don't dive toooo much, so something super fancy isn't what I need right now, plus I don't bank $$.

So with that being said.. is this good, should I get it for $350?
It's a mom that is getting rid of all her son's stuff.
She says it's in great conditions.
(tank, bcd, etc.. everything in the pic)

lb2FST7.png

Have you checked that the bcd is the proper size for you?

It is difficult to tell the brands just from the photo. Do you know the brands and models of each item? Is the tank included as well?

How many dives have been made on this gear and were they fresh or salt water dives?

Commercially it looks good buy. But you don't have the cash- best leave it for someone else ( plus guy above post) k

Look's like Dacor reg. Parts are not available for service.
Aluminum tank if made before 1990 might be bad alloy?
I'd pass on it.

Have you checked that the bcd is the proper size for you?

It is difficult to tell the brands just from the photo. Do you know the brands and models of each item? Is the tank included as well?

How many dives have been made on this gear and were they fresh or salt water dives?

Large and Medium, so I'm good.
Tank is included.

I am not sure of the brand.

You need to know brands, make and model.

It's really hard to tell what brands "everything" is.

Plan on having the tank inspected - and maybe hydro'd before use. That could add $50-150 to your cost. How long ago was it last used? Probably should have the regs serviced - or at least inspected. My shop gets $40 per stage for service - usually they'll look it over for free.

Is that a computer in the console? Is the compass at the same level (or higher) If it's the same - it's likely Not Air Integrated (hose) so you'll need an SPG on a hose also.

Unless you dive locally the tank is the thing you need the Least right now, Most dive operators anywhere else provide them as part of the cost of a dive trip or cheap rentals. And you almost can't fly with one anymore practically.

She just told me that
BC = U.S Diver cousteau
Regulators = Dacor Depth Pressure Gauge
Compass: U.S Diver Aqualung

Doesn't know when it was last used.

::EDIT::
Idk where you guys live, but here in Miami it's $150 every time you go scuba.. and I don't have $150 every time.
$150 = $50 boat ride, all gear including tanks.
(minus mask, fins, wet suite.. that I have)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom