Should I get this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PASS!!

That's all REALLY OLD stuff. Like from the mid? 80's.
Dacor has been out of business for at least a decade and US Divers was absorbed into Aqualung twice that long ago.

That old the tank would require a hydro b4 anyone would fill it.. If it's an AL80 it could also be one of the condemned alloys so no shop will fill it now.

You live in Miani. Blue Heron Bridge may be the best Macro dive site in the US - just up the road from you on I95. So for the cost of a tank/fill you can dive there. It's shallow but you may want to find others going - or rent a guide the first time. There's also probably 2 dozen other shallow shore dives off Lauderdale and nearby. Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: Florida, USA East

hahahaahahaha thanks!

I have to say... you guys are pretty cool.
I've been a member and admin of a couple of forums, but something about this one seems pretty cozy.

Thank for the help @ everyone and I think I might stick around, read, learn and help however I can.

You live in Miani. Blue Heron Bridge may be the best Macro dive site in the US - just up the road from you on I95. So for the cost of a tank/fill you can dive there. It's shallow but you may want to find others going - or rent a guide the first time. There's also probably 2 dozen other shallow shore dives off Lauderdale and nearby. Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: Florida, USA East

Thanks. I'm gonna check those out.

I'm closer Fort Lauderdale.

Idk where you guys live, but here in Miami it's $150 every time you go scuba.. and I don't have $150 every time.
It does make sense to own your own gear given where you live - just NOT this set.

There's always going to be some annual cost associated with it - usually annual/bi-annual reg servicing, I clean/maintain my own BC but it's good to have gear you can feel comfortable with,

The person who assembled the gear is not a diver, or at least a current one. Talk down the price at the very least. I've bought too much used gear that had hidden issues. Fortunately, I know how to fix it all.

Thanks. I'm gonna check those out.

I'm closer Fort Lauderdale.
BHB has it's own website/Facebook page.
You might also contact Scuba_Jenny here - she guides there and is familiar with local diving.

She just told me that
BC = U.S Diver cousteau
Regulators = Dacor Depth Pressure Gauge
Compass: U.S Diver Aqualung

Doesn't know when it was last used.

::EDIT::
Idk where you guys live, but here in Miami it's $150 every time you go scuba.. and I don't have $150 every time.
$150 = $50 boat ride, all gear including tanks.
(minus mask, fins, wet suite.. that I have)
If you buy this you’ll miss out on two scuba trips because you’ll have less money and a bunch of stuff that’s useless. Put up a want to buy ad with sizes needed for the b/c and other size required stuff, skip owning a tank for now and see where you stand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom