Should I bother

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have a Minolta Dimage X digicam I recently found they do an underwater housing for it, and was wondering if it was worth getting, I have no experience in underwater photography. As the housing is relativley inexpensive, I was worried it might be a bit of a white elephant, anyone help?

The housing can be found at this link
http://www.underwaterdigital.net/minolta_mc-dg100.htm

But I have an Olympus PT-10 housing that cost the same and has the same depth rating and I'm extremey pleased with it.

Underwater Digital is a great place to do business with. I've made several purchases from Allan with 100% satisfaction.

Erm... That olimpus housing has pictures of a strobe mounting but the minolta dosn't, How do you use a strobe? Does the camera tell it when to flash, if so is a strobe unusable with the minolta housing?

ThirstyBadger once bubbled...
Erm... That olimpus housing has pictures of a strobe mounting but the minolta dosn't, How do you use a strobe? Does the camera tell it when to flash, if so is a strobe unusable with the minolta housing?

External strobes are connected via a fiber optic cable attached to the front of the diffuser panel. A piece of velcro holds it in place.

It will depend on whether the Minolta housing has a sync cord connection on it or not. For the price, I would think not.

Send Allan an email and ask him about attching a strobe to that particular model and which strobes will work well with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom