Should certification testing be separate from training?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a Certified Legal Investigator...my certification exam was totally unrelated to my training...I am an EMT-I....again..I was certified by the state in a testing procedure completly separate from my training....I think this is a great idea! Also keeps an instructor with too much ego and not enough teaching ability from "passing" someone who shouldn't be passed... would give instructors a sense of pride...Having a high percentage of your students pass on the first try means you can pat yourself on the back as an instructor.:balloon:

We do have a independent evaluator system on the instructor level. A independet CD comes in for final evaluation of instructor candidates. Yeah, and so what. Everybody is complaining about the "bad" divers. It's not their fault. Sombody took their money and didn't train them. What's worst, somebody made and passed those instructors.
Enough of this bashing.

So -
let's go diving - I for one do not care if you did OW yesterday or in 1971 - you can dive with me - I will be happy to dive with you - in my experience, the biggest thing for a new diver is to go diving and well, the biggest thing to me is togo diving, so let's share a dive or two and if you are not really great at something, we'll talk about it and then do another dive and practise.

ScubyDoo - Anytime you are out this way - look me up.

Big T

Back
Top Bottom