Short survey about new scuba accessory

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
If you are just interested in the survey, skip down and answer the 5 quick questions. Thank you :wink:

Hello! A friend and I are in an engineering class and are working on designing a new product from start to finish. My friend and his dad are both scuba divers, and this gave him the initiative to design a product based on scuba diving.

One problem he knows a lot of people face is back pain from carrying heavy scuba tanks. This spurred us into developing a strap (aptly named the scuba strap) designed to help ease the task of carrying scuba tanks. We can't disclose too much information about the product, but it's a pretty simple design, allowing us to make it cheaply.

Survey!​

1. Do you Scuba Dive? (sorry for the redundant question, it's neccesary to ask)

2. Is carrying scuba tanks a problem for you?

3. Do you suffer from back pain after, or during the process of carrying scuba tanks?

4. Would having a different way to carry scuba tanks appeal to you?

5. Would you buy a product for $20 or less that would allow you to carry scuba tanks, with less stress on your back and body?

1. yes
2. no
3. no
4. yes
5. no

..snip..

Answering for my wife and myself

survey!​

1. Do you scuba dive? (sorry for the redundant question, it's neccesary to ask)
yes yes

2. Is carrying scuba tanks a problem for you?
No (that's what husbands are for) yes

3. Do you suffer from back pain after, or during the process of carrying scuba tanks?
Na yes (the problem is not so much carrying the tanks in an erect position, the problem is normally with moving them in and out of a car trunk and getting them into a carrying position.)

4. Would having a different way to carry scuba tanks appeal to you?
Depends how many issues it resolves. Would it be quick and easy to set up? Would it work across any terrain (from asphalt to soft sand)? Any issues going up and down steps. Assuming it's a product, could i take it with me on my dive without any buoyancy issues. One example from last week, we had to descend a steep stone staircase to the soft sand beach and then walk 100ft to the water's edge to set up. Would i have to take it back to the car before the dive and then go and get it after the dive?
Is it light enough to take on trips with baggage weight restrictions.
Practically the only time i move tanks any great distances is when shore diving in places like bonaire or curacao.

5. Would you buy a product for $20 or less that would allow you to carry scuba tanks, with less stress on your back and body?
At this price yes if it resolves some of the issues from answer 4.

. . . . . . .​

Back
Top Bottom