Short 4"/6" HP hose for AI transmitter or directly to 1st Stage?

Short hose connecting the AI Transmitter, or just screw it right to the 1st stage?

• Yup, a 4" or 6" hose has its purpose...

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • No hose needed...

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • I don't use AI, and I'm not sure why I clicked on this topic...

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Simple answer = No. I have mine on 6" hoses with QD as @RainPilot correctly mentions.
Another option is to use a longer (12") hose, and route it down along the plate / wing. The longer hose idea wasn't an option, but that's what and and several buddies do.

Another option is to use a longer (12") hose, and route it down along the plate / wing. The longer hose idea wasn't an option, but that's what and and several buddies do.
I was thinking of this too, I would go with one slightly longer, but it would get the transmitter much closer to my Perdix, so I would imagine it would lower the chance of a dropped connection.

I was thinking of this too, I would go with one slightly longer, but it would get the transmitter much closer to my Perdix, so I would imagine it would lower the chance of a dropped connection.
In my experience, dropped connections aren't nearly as prevalent as people are afraid they'll be.

I got an AI computer (Oceanic VT 4.1) with transmitter early in my dive experience, and haven't had any issues with it: dropouts are rare, reconnects quickly and automatically, and no one has used it for a handle.

Doesn't it defeat the whole concept of "one less hose" if you go and put a transmitter on a hose? Plus, it's another thing that can go wrong.

Interesting concept, thanks for sharing. I'll rootel around in my dive store and find a hose and play with that idea

Would you need the air spool with the transmitter?

Back
Top Bottom