Shore Diving - Where do you go and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark me down for Bonaire. The most productive shore diving I've found is the reef in front of Sand Dollar/Buddy Dive/Bon Bini/Lion's Dive/Capt. Don's Habitat. Curacao shore diving at Habitat Curacao is just as convenient and maybe even a better dive. Diving the same reef over a period of time is a great way to get photographs as you learn where things are and where things live. Plus, anything might swim by from minute to minute. The opportunity to dive on my own schedule 24 hours a day is what keeps bringing me back, and I've been either to Bonaire or Curacao at least once a year for the past 7 years. -Clay

When at home, it's Lake Champlain. Low vis and cold water year round but it's the only game in town. For travel, Bonaire, period, end of story.

I shore dive Deerfield Beach, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea in South Florida. Because they are only 15 minutes from my house.
Suzanne

Grand Cayman from the back door of any of the diver's resorts like Sunset House, plus your shore-dwellers can have a nice lunch and a cocktail while they wait for you. Nice bits and pieces of wrecks, a big cruiseship anchor and a bunch of formations called the fingers just a quick trip off shore - lots of turtles, squid and great fish!

Back Beach in Rockport, Massachusetts is where I certified and I went back there numerous times (sporting my 7mil) until I moved here to sunny SFLA and warm water. Lots of lobsters, some good sized fish, and along the wall edges you'll find beautiful starfish, anemones and shellfish.

Bonaire (lots of great spots), Curacao (pretty good spots - Jan Thiel beach has really easy entry & exit for example), St. Croix (Cane Bay), Grand Cayman (Turtle Reef).

Back
Top Bottom