Shore diving - other destinations? Ideas please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bfisher,

One more thought... since you are going to be here in off season for cruise ships, make sure to come into town to dive Superior Producer! Its a wonderful wreck dive.

Heck, make sure to send me a PM, I'll take any chance I can get to go do that dive, and it's close to work, so I can just sneak out.

Jeff

Jeff,

I'll try to remember to PM you. I don't get on this site as much as I should. Too many other hobbies

Do you know how does Hawaii "treat" solo divers? any chance of getting tanks as a solo diver?
Thanks,
yuval

I have never seen a problem with a shop renting out tanks to an indivual, most all the shops even have maps of the local dive sites. I moved to Kona, Hawaii for the shore diving...and other things. There are dive clubs that dive almost daily here, send an email to them to find out where they are diving. Other than that you can be reasonably assured if you hang out for a few minutes a group will show up, most will let you tag along for the dive. There are also some indivuals, such as myself who offer guided shore dives. That way you get to the good stuff and learn the site. You can then dive it for the next several days. If you not yet on the buddy list try that as well, there are about 25 divers on the list who live and work in Kona.

good diving to you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom