Shore Diving Maui & 72s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dived with Extended Horizons which launches out of Mala boat launch next to the pier. I saw a lot of folks diving the pier from shoreside. parking is good. athroom shower are nearby. heard great things about the site but did not have a chance to dive it.

Mala has been AWESOME for the last 4 or 5 days. We also have had some great scooter dives at old airport also. The viz has been crazy good lately. If your interested in any guided shore or scooter dives give me a call.

Mahalo
Scuba Steve
Www.mauidiveconnection.com
(808)727-9464

Attachments

• CB0B74BD-13CC-4A4B-BC15-7FB183A2CA09.jpeg
    CB0B74BD-13CC-4A4B-BC15-7FB183A2CA09.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 151
I thought I would follow up. The trip was wonderful. Lanai and the Molokai Hammerhead Dives were great with Lahaina Divers. The AL 72s we’re fine. Molokini Crater is ok, clear high viz dive with lots of fish, but not spectacular. The Wall dives are well worth the trip. Ed Robinson’s was great if you’re diving out of Kihei.

I thought I would follow up. The trip was wonderful. Lanai and the Molokai Hammerhead Dives were great with Lahaina Divers. The AL 72s we’re fine. Molokini Crater is ok, clear high viz dive with lots of fish, but not spectacular. The Wall dives are well worth the trip. Ed Robinson’s was great if you’re diving out of Kihei.

How was the Molokai dive? See the hammerheads? Boat ride time? Thinking about doing that when I get to Maui in August.

How was the Molokai dive? See the hammerheads? Boat ride time? Thinking about doing that when I get to Maui in August.
I did it twice...the first trip we struck out on hammerheads, but did see a monk seal and a grey shark. Nice reef before you head out into the channel as well. Second trip was great 3 big hammerheads 12-14 feet on the first dive, 5 good sized ones on the second 8-12 ft. The ride out was eventful but not as bad as I’d been told about it. I’d definitely do it again.

Was just out with lahina divers twice for for total dives at molokai last week .Both times saw hammers,close encounter the first day and a school of 20 about 80ft away the second trip.Lahina divers is a really good dive outfit with great crew.

Back
Top Bottom