Shore diving in Georgia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know...it sucks! I would love to have shore diving here, but I'd rather not get swept out to sea, so I'll stick with boat diving. (grin)

Diving..we are gearing up..YAY!!!! We've got a dive scheduled for April 30th, I can't wait. My first dive of the season...I better head to the pool to brush up.

Come on down any time, we'll make room for another.

Hi Andrea
I'm in Vidalia, use to live in Richmond hill. Miss the diving. If you need or have room for another on any dives, please contact me at millpondapiary@gmail.com
Would love to tag along. Noone here dives, smaill town. UGH

The water may be a bit cool still in April. We wore 3mm wet suits last time I went to Devils Den and Blue Grotto. HAve not tried Ginnie but I hear its awesome. Consider Lake dives as well. there is some cool stuff in Sinclair and Clarks.Hill. Both are close to Macon.

Hello new poster. Did you happen to see the big red banner that popped up when you started to reply to this thread that said it's REALLY old?

Old post and all that, but after reading this thread I keep wondering why people would like to dive just for the sake of diving?! Kayaking off Jekyll Island should be more fun than driving several hours to Ginie Springs only to be disappointed by the lousy dive. Pardon me, but even sightseeing, shopping and eating out in Savannah should be more fun than diving at Ginie Springs--as much as I dislike sightseeing, shopping, and eating out, this three-headed Hydra of mass tourism.

Old post and all that, but after reading this thread I keep wondering why people would like to dive just for the sake of diving?! Kayaking off Jekyll Island should be more fun than driving several hours to Ginie Springs only to be disappointed by the lousy dive. Pardon me, but even sightseeing, shopping and eating out in Savannah should be more fun than diving at Ginie Springs--as much as I dislike sightseeing, shopping, and eating out, this three-headed Hydra of mass tourism.
Seems odd to wonder why someone on a scuba forum would want to dive a new location just for the fun of it.

Seems odd to wonder why someone on a scuba forum would want to dive a new location just for the fun of it.
"New" does not always equals "fun".

Back
Top Bottom