Shore Diving Equipment Needed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggiebq86

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I posted this in another thread, but thought it would get lost in the middle.

Do I need to have a surface flag/float for shore diving in Cozumel? What all equipment do I need to have in order to shore dive in Cozumel? Is it available for rent down there or do I need to bring it with me?

I posted this in another thread, but thought it would get lost in the middle.

Do I need to have a surface flag/float for shore diving in Cozumel? What all equipment do I need to have in order to shore dive in Cozumel? Is it available for rent down there or do I need to bring it with me?
You'll definitely want a buoy/"safety sausage" in case you have to come up unexpectedly out under boat traffic (don't do that unless you really have to). I don't tow around anything on the surface while I'm diving, though. I don't know of any buoys for rent down there, but you should have one of your own, anyway.

If you are well equipped for boat diving I can't think of anything else you'd need to go shore diving except maybe a compass if you don't have one in your console. Shore is always east to southeast. I picked up an all plastic fluid filled compass at Academy yesterday for less than three bucks that I'm going to try.

Back
Top Bottom