Shore diving at the Reef Club??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cozdiver2001

Reaction score
How is the shore diving from the Reef Club? Is there better shore dives close by?
Also has anyone ever used Dive Mike out of Playa del Carmen (www.divemike.com) for the cenote trip?

Thanks in advance,
C

cozdiver2001:
How is the shore diving from the Reef Club? Is there better shore dives close by?

I've never stayed at the Reef Club, but I've stopped there for SI many times. I don't remember any easy access to the water. The Reef is on pretty high ground for Cozumel and the shore is rocky there. You go down a flight of stairs to get to their pier, and I don't remember seeing a way to get from there down to the water, or (more importantly) a way to get back up.

Cheers,

ggunn:
I've never stayed at the Reef Club, but I've stopped there for SI many times. I don't remember any easy access to the water. The Reef is on pretty high ground for Cozumel and the shore is rocky there. You go down a flight of stairs to get to their pier, and I don't remember seeing a way to get from there down to the water, or (more importantly) a way to get back up.

Cheers,

No shore diving from Reef Club.

My recomendation for the cenote tour is Diego Corzo diegogolem@yahoo.com His package includes everything from Cozumel to the cenotes and back, including transportation and lunch.

It is not a bad snorkel but shore dive iwould be difficult because the in-house dive op (Sand Dollar) will not rent tanks. They get pretty upset when you snorkel around their pier. If you are already locked in to Reef Club, I suggest you bring a small marker bouy and enjoy the snorkeling. Best area is to the north of the pier. Watch the current if you venture too far north (or carry some mony for a taxi).

Enjoy

This picture was taken off thier website. Looks like it is right on the water and well looks like they are advertising beach dives........ :06:

Thanks for the responses!!!

cozdiver2001:
This picture was taken off thier website. Looks like it is right on the water and well looks like they are advertising beach dives........ :06:

Thanks for the responses!!!

Very pretty, but it doesn't even look like their beach which is a lot more beige shell sand than coral sand. It may hurt tender feet. Sand gets lighter & softer as you head south from Reef club towards Allegro. Shore diving at the southern resorts is not very good . For shore diving look at Fiesta Americana on north to the Barracuda. It's not Bonaire but it beats the hell out of a TX or OK lake. It might be interesting to ask them where they tok that picture. If they can't give you a good answer, they'll have to give you a free dinner :wink:

Back
Top Bottom