Shore Diving at Elbow Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wpohlmann

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi - will be in Bermuda next week for the first time. I guess I have been spoiled with the dive prices in the US / Mexico / Bonaire - but paying for a family of 4 to do one 2 tank boat dive will be over $600.... so - is the shore dive from Elbow Beach good? We can rent tanks/bc/reg and do 2 shore dives for less than $300. Would appreciate any input!! Thanks.

Hi!
I will be in Bermuda next week for conference and wanted to do shore diving at Elbow. How was it.
Also, since my wife is not a diver I am looking for a diving buddy for Thursday and or Friday next week. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Alan

We decided to snorkel out to the wreck at Elbow Beach first to see if it was worth it. Best decision ever - definitely not worth it! Very little life and the wreck was nothing special. The swim back was VERY difficult and I am glad we didnt have to do it with a tank and weights. We found the best snorkeling to be at Church Bay.
Between enjoying the gorgeous scenery and beaches and the novelty of riding scooters - we decided not to scuba. We were looking at $600 for our party of 4 for a 2 tank dive - hard to swallow after prices in Bonaire and Cozumel and even Florida... Maybe we made a mistake - but the marine life /reefs didn't seem worth it and not huge fans of wrecks.
Enjoy Bermuda - friendliest people ever!

Did a shore swim yesterday as well. A bit choppy and no real marine life to speak of. Agree with above poster glad I didn't have to return to shore with tank. Tough swim overall. Triple expa nsion engine neat to see on the wreck though.

I've done a shore dive here and was disappointed. I also did a dive about a mile down the coast. The marine life was more abundant but the currents and surf were wicked. Bermuda is a great destination for a vacation, but not known for great diving. I't good that you rented a moped and toured the island. I trust you had a great time!

Shore diving is 50/50 in Berrmuda a real hit and miss. I have snorkeled at many different locations and Church Bay is one of the best for easy access in and out with loads of parrot fish etc.. the further you go the more you will see. The diving here in Bermuda is fantastic if you are wanting to see healthy reefs, a ton of different wrecks and good amount of fish. Do not think you will be seeing sharks or marine mammals of any sort inside the reef line. I have seen shars on very very rare occasions but something you are not going to witness on a normal dive. hope this helps...

I did a shore dive at Elbow last Thursday and it was fine. I did not see any blue whales or great white sharks but the school of blue parrot fish was very nice. I did a swimthrough and saw nice coral and other small fish. 54 minute dive at 24ft. Cost was $25 for tank and weight rental on beach. I would go again this very minute if I was there but I am back in Pennsylvania. Bermuda is beautiful. I wish I was there now.
I previously posted more specific information here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bermuda/273058-going-bermuda-have-questions-3.html

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom