Shore Dives within 10 miles of Waikiki?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onfloat:
I even tried to do the Sea Tiger as a shore dive once, when I first got here. Turned out the guy that gave us the info on the location was just a little off on the distance.:shakehead But what can I say he was right there swimming next to us.

I almost spit out my coffee when I read this - I'm in awe. At the very least, of your sheer determination. :D

onfloat:
That did get a couple of boats attention. They wondered where in the heck we were going.

But no one offered to give you a lift?

So . . . did you ever get there?

Sounds like I've found someone to do a shore dive out to the Carthaginian with :D - when you comin' to Maui next? The paper said it's only 1/2 mile offshore...

See...Onfloat has an excuse for being deficent upstairs, he's a Marine; but I expected so much more from you kidspot.

onfloat:
...That did get a couple of boats attention. They wondered where in the heck we were going. ...

Yep, done that... more'n once... One guy offered a lift. Another guy off Waianae, well, waved to us and we swam over thinkin' he was the one who needed help!

onfloat:
...Now once I get my hands on an X-Scooter it really will be all shore dives.:D

Done that too but with a 2nd-hand (uh, "pre-owned") Dacor SeaScooter; towed my buddy along too. It died a couple times and had to swim its ungrateful carcass all the way back in. Still own that rascal but the seals are probably all shot; chucked the batts long ago but still have the charger and connectors.

The current was good enough that we dropped down right there and swam back to the pipe as for the dive.

Maybe I'm not much for swimming, but I'm impressed at even going to the pipe for a dive with no boat.

Back
Top Bottom