Shore dives sites bewteen Comox and Nanima

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warthaug

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Some friends and I are heading out to the west coast this summer for 10 days of diving. We've done a lot around Victoria, and this year were planning on diving our way up the sunsine coast, crossing over to Comox, and then diving our way south to Victoria. We've found numerous shore dives along the sunshine coast (from shorediving.com mostly), and am familier with the Victoria area. But we have not found much on the coast from Comox to Victoria.

So long question made short - anyone know of a good book or webpage describing shore diveing sites along the Comox->Victoria coast?

thanx

Bryan

Warthaug:
Some friends and I are heading out to the west coast this summer for 10 days of diving. We've done a lot around Victoria, and this year were planning on diving our way up the sunsine coast, crossing over to Comox, and then diving our way south to Victoria. We've found numerous shore dives along the sunshine coast (from shorediving.com mostly), and am familier with the Victoria area. But we have not found much on the coast from Comox to Victoria.

So long question made short - anyone know of a good book or webpage describing shore diveing sites along the Comox->Victoria coast?

thanx

Bryan

You're the second person to ask today. http://scubaboard.com/t92125-.html

Warthaug:
Some friends and I are heading out to the west coast this summer for 10 days of diving. We've done a lot around Victoria, and this year were planning on diving our way up the sunsine coast, crossing over to Comox, and then diving our way south to Victoria. We've found numerous shore dives along the sunshine coast (from shorediving.com mostly), and am familier with the Victoria area. But we have not found much on the coast from Comox to Victoria. So long question made short - anyone know of a good book or webpage describing shore diveing sites along the Comox->Victoria coast? thanx Bryan

I love that picture Bryan - are you on Mossman's too?

mrobinson:
I love that picture Bryan - are you on Mossman's too?

Yep, under the same ID (Warthaug). Same question too. . .

Gotta love Minne in June - snow, sleet and water which is warmer then the air (not very warm though). Also had about 30 Japanese tourists taking our picture, wondering what exctly could drive us to jump into the lake. . .

Bryan

Warthaug:
Yep, under the same ID (Warthaug). Same question too. . . Gotta love Minne in June - snow, sleet and water which is warmer then the air (not very warm though). Also had about 30 Japanese tourists taking our picture, wondering what exctly could drive us to jump into the lake. . . Bryan

Well - first off we're nuts! Once you accept this you'll be better because denial is the problem... :)

I wonder how many divers are in all those pics across the Pacific. We've had people come in the water to their knees to get pictures... I won't go in that water without some exposure suit!

Welcome! (hopefully we can team up on this board!) :eyebrow:

I use to go diving right off the beach behind the airbase in Comox all the time. high tide was best. Cross over to Hornby Island there is good diving there as well maybe you will see a six gill

mrobinson:

I'll agree with mrobinson. I dove with Sean for the first time this weekend. His shop is accross the road from the beach and he says there is a little wreck/shore dive right at the dock. I went out on his wolf eel boat dive which is reasonably priced and he took me right to the dens.

Also just north of Nanaimo near Nanoose and the Winchelsea Islands there are a few shore dives. Ask Nanaimo shops about Mardrona, Tyee and Dolphin.

deepdiverbc:
I'll agree with mrobinson. I dove with Sean for the first time this weekend. His shop is accross the road from the beach and he says there is a little wreck/shore dive right at the dock. I went out on his wolf eel boat dive which is reasonably priced and he took me right to the dens.

Also just north of Nanaimo near Nanoose and the Winchelsea Islands there are a few shore dives. Ask Nanaimo shops about Mardrona, Tyee and Dolphin.
There are a few basic descriptions and photos of some shore dives in the Gabriola Island-Parksville area on my site below.

swankenstein:
There are a few basic descriptions and photos of some shore dives in the Gabriola Island-Parksville area on my site below.

Thank you everyone for your replies. Looks like the trip is a go, and we've got nearly all of the dives planned!

Bryan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom