Shore dives off Oahu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gary-ramey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I know the surf's up this time of year. I have been off of Hanauma Bay and I know about sharks cove. I'll be in Oahu sometime the week of the 26th on business. I don't have exact dates yet. I've heard of more places on the South side but can't remember the names. I'm not interested in really difficult stuff since I may end up doing it solo. If anyone's up to buddy up sometime around Thursday-Saturday of that week let me know...tanks and food are on me. :14: I'm a photographer so I take it slow and easy. Later,

Hey Gary, contrary to some opinion, there is good shore diving here on Oahu. I have only been shore diving here for about 7 years but one of the guys that has shown me the ropes here has been doing it since 76. The big things are: 1.leave anything you don't want stolen in the safe at your hotel. 2. Try to dive with a buddy if possible, not because of the challenging dives, more so because 2 are less of a target than 1. A lot of people here are really great, but just as everywhere, 10% of the people cause 90% of the problem. 3.Check out surfline.com and just watch the swells. Other than that shore diving here is a blast. Have fun. pm me if you have any specific questions.

Why not boat diving? Join a dive club and go out with them (shameless plug for Gabe at Kaimana Divers: SCUBA Diving in Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii )

Just make sure that I am not going out that day... Gabe was late again today. I have been diving with him twice and he's been late both times. I don't think he likes me very much...:(

(just picking on you Gabe! You know I have to! I promised Capt Scotti! :D)

Capt Joe late--30-60mins.

So that puts you into the acceptable category...in my book anyways.

Scotti,
Can you PM me with your schedule for Saturday the 1st along with cost info. Just need tanks and weights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom