Shore Dives in Varadero, Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Gambitt.

Varadero was amazing! wish i were still there to tell u the truth. well my girlfriend and i only went diving one afternoon unfortunatly since the family wanted to do a few tours, and also the weather turned for the worse on the north side the day after we dove. The water was 26 C or 79 F. Visiblity was 50m or 150 ft. We went diving with the barracuda dive center, but unfortunatly we were late getting there because no one at our resort, breezes bella costa, could tell us what time we needed to be there. So we arrived just after 12noon, and were told that the group had already left, but the guy at the shop was extremely nice and made a few calls for us, and we were able to get a private guided dive at playa coral about 30 mins by taxi down the main st in varadero towards habana. prices were resonable,1 single tank dive was $50 if u only needed weights and tank, and $60 if u needed any additional equipment...or for 2 single tank dives it was $60 if u only needed tank and weights, and $70 for 2 single tank dives if u needed any additional equipment. There were other packages as well, but i cant remember them off the top of my head, but i may still have the pamphlit in my bag if u want ne more info. While we dove we saw a barracuda, a lobster, and a blowfish to name a few things. Our guide tried to catch the blowfish to make it puff up for us to take a picture, but it wasnt scared enough i suppose. We also went through a little 60ft cave of coral, and quite a few canyans that were about 30ft tall. we saw tons of coral and took almost 300 pictures during our 2 dives totalling 1 hr 26min...our second tanks were not completly full, so we weren't charged for the second dive and only stayed down a little less than 30 mins. Also, while we were down there, $1CAN = $0.71CUC....but o well, it was an amazing vacation and i will never forget those dives. The day after we were there though, the current in the atlantic changed, and it brought huge waves with tons of undertow which did nothing but turn up the sand and made it impossible to dive, let alone see. When the weather gets bad, the alternate dive site tends to be on the south side, i heard our guide tell us it would be the bay of pigs if we wanted to go diving again later that week. ne ways, hope this has answered your question. also, thanks to everyone who helped us figure out the temperature of the water, we ended up diving in just our bathing suits with no wetsuit, just wetsuit boots and reef gloves. Take care everyone!

Frizzle!

<snip> Our guide tried to catch the blowfish to make it puff up for us to take a picture, but it wasnt scared enough i suppose. <snip>

Glad you enjoyed your dives! As for the poor fish, maybe you should read through this thread. Such behaviour is so wrong... :shakehead:

Ur right, that behaviour is wrong...but i didnt ask him to do it, and i wasnt the one doing it...not trying to make excuses just trying to set the record straight.

Thanks so much Frizzle. 28 days, and I will be there with fins on!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom