shore dives in SW Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Do you know of any decent dive sites between Mississauga and St Catharine’s area?? I would like to avoid driving long distances for a short dive at this time of year.

Lawrence

The Niagara river has some shore dives.

Sparky were are you?
He would know he's from there
But I think he's in the tropic's diving this week.......Lucky,wish I was.

I'm back...
Well.. I don't know if there is much between Hamilton and St. Catharines.. We usually do shore dives in the upper or lower Niagara River, the old Welland Canal, or Chippawa creek to name a few... As far as I know all the quarries close during the winter..
The last local dive I did was on New Year's day in the old Welland Canal.. Most recently, I went diving in the Bahamas on a Blackbeard's cruise..

sparky30 once bubbled...
Chippawa creek

Chippawa Creek!

EWWW!!

I use to live on Sodom Rd, I never consider Chippawa Creek. Isn't the vis pretty bad? What else can you find other than golf balls?

taz22 once bubbled...

Chippawa Creek!

EWWW!!

I use to live on Sodom Rd, I never consider Chippawa Creek. Isn't the vis pretty bad? What else can you find other than golf balls?

I admit its not my favourite dive, but its not that bad.. Vis is about 15 feet..I've seen it as low as 5 feet after a summer rainstorm.. There are all kinds of cars, bikes, bottles, golf balls, etc.. I even found an old mailbox once.
You can hide behind the bridge supports and play with the monster crayfish. And in winter you don't have to worry about boat traffic.. Current ranges from mild to switft.. We usually jump in right at the niagara river and drift down to the boat ramp... I haven't dove it yet this winter.. Its on my to do list.. Woohoo.. I just want to make check the ice conditions before I go ..

Cars!

Man, I should have done a dive when I had the chance. Anything worth a salvage?

sparky30 once bubbled...
I'm back...
Most recently, I went diving in the Bahamas on a Blackbeard's cruise..

How was it Sparky?? Good or did you puke out on the ocean:wacko:
It was you first salt water trip, right?
Meet any Hot Babes :D

Back
Top Bottom