Shore dive on Evanston Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi divers from the Evanston area. I'm curious... do any of you know if there is still a nature center in the Grosse Point lighthouse buildings? I was a consultant for the Evanston Environmental Association back in the very early 80's and built one there. Just curious. Enjoy Lake Michigan.

Dr. Bill

Due to the shallowness of the wreck the vis can fluctuate greatly. I have done it twice, first time the vis was perhaps six inches. My wife felt the wreck before she saw it as we decended directly onto it. She did not enjoy this sensation and I couldn't really disagree. If you have no other options go ahead otherwise get on a charter and really see what our lake has to offer. For pure training Haigh can't be beat. Going there myself tomorrow.

I was at the lighthouse a couple of weeks ago. The grounds are well maintained and wildflowers grow along the paths. There also is a community garden with wildflowers and some vegtables in the park next door. But I don't recall anything I would call a nature center as such. Maybe I missed it or didn't recognize it as such.

drbill:
Hi divers from the Evanston area. I'm curious... do any of you know if there is still a nature center in the Grosse Point lighthouse buildings? I was a consultant for the Evanston Environmental Association back in the very early 80's and built one there. Just curious. Enjoy Lake Michigan.

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom