Shore dive Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On the North Shore, Three Tables & Sharks Cove are 2 good spots. I think there are several others along that area, could be seasonal though. winter waves could cause a bit of a problem.

there isn't really any good shore diving this week. the surf is up to much all around the island. usually west side (leeward) is diveable, but with the waves 2-3+ I don't bother going out- vis is bad and you get pounded on entry and exit.

Yeah you probably wont be doing too much north shore diving for the next 5-6 months.

Just dove 3-tables on Friday (22nd of September) and it was all but flat. Viz was about 30-40ft with a few spots out in Waimea Bay leaning more towards the 40-50ft range. Last year I was able to dive North Shore until sometime in mid to late October. Usually is starts to have more days you can't dive than days you can dive in early October.

During the winter Hanauma Bay is open until 10p.m. on the 4th Saturday of each month and it is a great place to night dive, especially in the witches brew area. In fact 4 of us are diving there tonight.

Leeward coast is also a great place. If the waves are less than 2 feet the viz is usually really good. The only real bad time on the leeward is after any heavy rains. The viz drops fast and far.

Another option is rent a Kayak. A buddy and I are diving the Sea Tiger tomorrow morning from Kayaks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom