Shops with good rental gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrx3000

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am considering getting some new gear, in particular a BCD. It would be nice to try a few different things as rentals before spending the money. Are there any dive shops around here (SoFla/ the Keys) that rent newer/varied gear? It would be especially good to try a back-inflated BCD.

I never rent gear so its hard to provide you with accurate feedback.... however, Force-E carries a lot of different brands of dive gear. If you call one of their shops (Pompano sounds like it might be closest to you), maybe they can tell you if they rent back floaters.

If you go on one of their dive boats and rent their gear, I bet Silent World or Conch Republic (in the Keys) have back floaters as well. But again, you'll probably need to call to be sure.

I am unsure if Fill Express in Pompano still rents BP/W.
Fill Express -- Rentals of Top-Quality Sport and Technical Diving Equipment

[h=1]Benefits of renting scuba gear from Fill Express[/h]
Fifty % of your total annual rental fees apply to purchases of similar items of new equipment.

Weekly (7 day) rental prices are only five times (5X) the daily price.
You enjoy top-of-the-line, high-performance Dive.
You rent equipment that is current model, carefully maintained, and clean.
[h=1]The Fill Express Rental Policy[/h]
Customer Satisfaction -- Your complete satisfaction is our goal. If any item you rent from us does not meet your expectations, you are entitled to a full refund or exchange upon its timely return. However, no refunds on unused equipment or for early returns.

But it's a phone call worth making.

Chug
Dives with a Trans-Pac.

try Gold Coast Scuba in Lauderdale by the Sea. I set up a link in their name with prices.
Also in Merrritt Island American Divers does rentals. I tried some gear out with him before I bought certain things. he has a try and rent program that some $ spent goes towards new gear.

Thanks Chug! Reporting posts really helps, and I also suggest calling Fill Express. Great shop with great service, though there are undoubtedly others as other posters mentioned.

Ive got brand new Sea quest BC's (weight integrated) plus Halcyon Eclipse single tank backplate & wing systems. If your are in town, ask for me and I'll fit you one and you can try a couple for free whilst you are out diving.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom