Shopping for a new travel bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They both look nice, I have several Akona bags and like them all.

Man...Sthalsac is the only way to go, quality, style, and backed by an ironclad warranty...no questons asked!!

Just a suggestion...these bags are tremendously expensive, especially with the way airlines treat luggage. I recommend the $39.99 Ricardo rolling duffle bag from Costco (got this suggestion from this board). It is a phenominal bag that will fit everything, and the lower compartment fits fins and other valuables nicely (it has a hard bottom to protect everything). It is really important to check the outside dimensions of your bag choice. If a string wrapped around the luggage exceeds 62 inches, then the airline will not take it.

Just a thought.

Happy shopping!

I have the Armor Iron Clad that is in the first link. It's a nice bag and I'd recommend it. When I was looking it was a tossup between those two bags, too. It will hold WAY more gear than the airlines will let you on with. They've recently lowered their maximum weight of bags from 70 lbs to 50 lbs, so weigh them before you leave the house.

As David knows, I have some Akona stuff too. :wink:

I would stay away ...and do...from any bag that had a dive logo on it. I use a regular suitcase with the stiffest side wall I could find and it works great.

Back
Top Bottom