Shopping for a new stretchy 7mm suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Last year I purchased a Scubamax 7mm superstretch one piece. The price was right it is not nearly a perfect fit. It was suppose to be a temporary "fix" until I got a drysuit. However that purchase has been put off for a little while longer since my wife and I are building a house. So anyway I am wanting to get a new wetsuit that fits a little better. I have tried on a Henderson Hyperstretch and it fits much much better but boy its pricy. I am also considering a Bare 7mm SGS one piece and a Harvey's Dri Flex. Anyone have an opinion on one or all of these?

I went with the Henderson Hyperstretch myself. Yes. Expensive. But... (and ok.. yeah.. here comes the rationalization part), I see "comfort" deep underwater as being partially contributing to my "safety." The old style thick neoprene made me feel very constrained and uncomfortable. No more.

Then, there is the difference in price. Lets say anything workable is in the few hundred dollar range. Is the extra hundred or $150 really all THAT more to take you to what you really, really, really want??

Anyway, I'm happy with the Henderson. Can't speak to the other brands. I tried a couple, but they just didn't fit me properly. Though I'm not sure if that was Henderson or just Henderson working for me. That is, it's like ski boots or any other piece of critical gear. It's a real pain, but I think you really have to try on several to be sure. When you find one that really just feels right, you have to get it.

Scott

I own a Henderson Hyperstretch and am very happy with it. Yes, it cost a lot more than some other brands but it was worth the money for me. I would recommend it.

There was a thread on the Harvey's suit at Leisure Pro, but darn I can't find it now. :-(

I recently tried on a Henderson Hyperstretch and an Xcel Infinity. They are both stretchy and both are about the same price. I liked the Xcel better. I bought two, a 4/3 and a 7/6/5, but I'm not building a house. The Xcel had a better fit - for me - and the exterior is velcro friendly. They both should be in by the end of this week.

Back
Top Bottom