shopping for a new BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the SeaQuest lines. Reasonably priced and dive well. I own a Balance. I also own a BP/W configuration, that is something you should consider as well; very versitile system. Try to dive as many as possible before you buy. I have also owned a ScubaPro Knighthawk, pricey but a solid BC.
:monkeydan

I am very pleased with with Zeagle's prodoucts. I have been diving a Zeagle Tech for 5 years and I have had no problems with it. It has plenty of adjustments and points of attachment. I guess in the end it depends on what type of diving you do, what feel comfortable to you, and what your future diving plans are. Good luck!

second vote on the Balance,I've used one for 4 years and no complaints. I also agree on the Nighthawk,my best dive buddy has used one for a couple of years and we've swapped on occasion. Both are nice rigs.

thanks for the imput guys. i bought a aeris atmos yesterday, it seems to be pretty versitile, comfortable, and i gotta hellva deal on it 299. its not a full back inflate though, but not really a vest style ether. the bladder is mostly in the back and only comes around on the sides slightly, so its really comfortable. i think the next thing i choose to do will be the bp/w set up though

If you had an ideas or thoughts of going to a BP/W setup, you should've bought it. I did the exact samething you did. Now I have a 499 dollar Probe LX (xl size) that I'm prolly never going to use again. I couldn't even sell it for 250.

Good luck.

Michael

i just have gotten into diving and really have NO idea on how to even set up a BP/W or what bladder id need or anything, for now i just wanted a decent BC cuz the one i got when i bought my regs just kinda came with them, so it was a freebe and yea, i got what i paid for lol a seaquest vest inflate, with NO features....it served its purpose but thats about it

Back
Top Bottom