Ships to Reefs meeting May 11th San Pedro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, while not all of us were able to make it to the meeting, there are still a lot of people interested in what's going on.

What happened at the meeting?

What's the next step?

Enquiring minds you know... :crafty:

Christian

First of all I would like to thank everyone that attended the meeting, it is obvious that many people are very motivated to make something happen. Also I would like to say thank you to John and Erin from the San Diego Oceans Foundation for their time and effort in helping us understand what it is we are about to undertake. For those who were not able to attend we are attempting to break into "Sink Groups" to get the ball rolling on a local project. At the moment there looks to be possibly three groups that, depending on logistics, will take the bull by the horns and start constructing a presentation to help recruit various support from local and state officials. I know my group is comprised of a couple dive stores and 3-4 dive boats plus other interested parties. Our focus is to sink at least 6 vessels in the next few years along/around the Palos Verdes peninsula. If all goes well in garnering the support we need the first vessel could be put down as early as Spring 2007. We are planning a group meeting in the near future, probably in a month or so. With the dive season upon us, finding time for most of us to meet may be rough but we will keep you posted. A tenative website has been erected (subject to change) named Sunken Treasures www.sunkentreasures.org

If anyone reading this would like to get involved in some way please contact us at either 323-969-9875 and ask for Shah or Bill. Alternatively or in addition you may PM me with any questions/comments/suggestions/etc.

Thanks,

Shah Mundell
Research Director
Sunken Treasures

scubahound_1:
Our focus is to sink at least 6 vessels in the next few years along/around the Palos Verdes peninsula. Alternatively or in addition you may PM me with any questions/comments/suggestions/etc.
Thanks,
Shah Mundell

Shah,

if you want help sinking the vessels, just ask me, a good shot into the bow will do it. Do you what type of explosives you will be buying? If you get the right type your focus group can sink 20-30 vessels in the next few years.

Scott

scottfiji:
Shah,

if you want help sinking the vessels, just ask me, a good shot into the bow will do it. Do you what type of explosives you will be buying? If you get the right type your focus group can sink 20-30 vessels in the next few years.

Scott
Let's see how long it takes before the Department of Homeland Security starts investigating ScubaBoard activities in SoCal! :11:

"No... really... I thought that this was one of the approved ships."

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom