Shipping across the big pond... (western Europe - US)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anth

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey ScubaBoard gang,

I was curious as to whether any of you had experience shipping relatively small packages (less than 10 kg) from western Europe to the U.S. in the most cost-effective manner. I'm looking to ship a package from Scotland to the U.S., and although this is NDR, I know that we have an international crew here and hope that someone would have some input on how to do this with the least impact on my wallet...

Thank-you,

Anthony

I'm sure you could check out availability and prices at UPS, DHL or FEDex. When I was mailing to the US from over there I would get the best deal at the local Post office.

Check with US Customs and their counterpart in Scotland to see if you need any import or export forms BEFORE you try shipping. Some foods and firearm parts need "paper" to be sent. It's not a good feeling to have the police delivery the parcel...

The USPS seems to have good prices, not sure about the system in Scotland.

Back
Top Bottom