sherwood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquasport

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
SO MANY REGULATORS, im buying my own gear for the first time. Looking at the sherwood magnum or oasis because of the rep, also looking at the aquqlung lengend i know the the aqualung is a more expensive reg but with the kind of diving i do which is mostly in florida would i really know the differince.I do not do alot of real deep diving so would i really need a more costly reg. Thanks.

Because of your saltwater diving you may appreciate something with an environmental seal, which is not in either of the mentioned regs. If you rinse them really well though, you would be happy with either. It is like comparing apples with oranges. The Aqualung is a diaphragm and the sherwood is a piston. IF you are not diving too deep or strenuous, the sherwood would be great for you especially with the moisture fins. the legend on the other hand isadjustable and one of the best regs out there.

The maximus you can adjust but besides that i don't see anything else it has that the oasis dosen't. Im don't think i'll be doing any diving past 120 feet i was told the oasis does fine there. SO MANY REGULATORS.

Go with the oasis. you will be pleased. Do it before you get more confused.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom