Sherwood valves intentional stamping mark? Is this is thing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DevilEyeDog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just purchased a brand new Sherwood valve and the insert looks like it had a dent in it. Leisure Pro says this is an international stamp. Having never seen this just wanted to confirm if this is "normal." Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20211229_064609260.jpg
    IMG_20211229_064609260.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20211229_064617025.jpg
    IMG_20211229_064617025.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20211229_064637967.jpg
    IMG_20211229_064637967.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 44
@DevilEyeDog I have no idea what it is for, but it is perfectly normal
Thanks. I'm used to the inserts being uniform and this one looked like it was "bent" or had a "ding", but they say it's normal. Thanks!

Thanks. I'm used to the inserts being uniform and this one looked like it was "bent" or had a "ding", but they say it's normal. Thanks!
most of the ones that I have have the flat spot on them. I'm going to have to research why unless someone pops in here with the answer, I'm curious now!

I had never heard of this and if I had seen it without knowing I would have changed the insert!

I had never heard of this and if I had seen it without knowing I would have changed the insert!

I have seen it on valves without an insert, but never was interested enough to find out why, since it wasn't the sealing surface and everything worked fine. Thanks for the info.

Many years ago, I was told that the "dent" was a venting feature, that was there to prevent O-ring blow outs when a regulator was removed from a yoke valve.

Back
Top Bottom