sherwood regs.... which one ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rubbachicken:
well i bought a maximus, another ebay job with a 300 bar din valve

:wink:

Congratulations.

This isn't probably the time to tell you about this but there is a recall on the Maximus. Check out the sherwoord site and see if yours needs a new piece. It's not a serious issue but if you fiddle a lot with the cracking adjuster you'll need to take it in.

Have fun with your new reg. You've probably bought one of the most reliable regulators money can buy.

R..

Diver0001:
Congratulations.

This isn't probably the time to tell you about this but there is a recall on the Maximus. Check out the sherwoord site and see if yours needs a new piece. It's not a serious issue but if you fiddle a lot with the cracking adjuster you'll need to take it in.

Have fun with your new reg. You've probably bought one of the most reliable regulators money can buy.

R..

Here are some links about the recall.

http://www.northwestdiver.com/recalls/2002-0515.php

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml02/02150.html

oooops

i hope it will be OK, it's a new 2005 model, so i hope there won't be a problem with it
a BUY IT NOW on ebay.com shipped to the UK with a 300 bar din for $330, £170
quite a bit cheaper than i could get one over here for

if someone knows other wise, i'd rather not know :wink: :wink:

jonnythan:
Dang, for that price you could have gotten an ATX40
i guess i could have gotten a lot of different regs, but i like sherwood regs, i have used other regs when i have rented equiptment, an found sherwood to be the ones for me :wink:
i like the fact that they are relativly stream lined, the exhaust ports on the second stage are replaceable {for longer ones} to keep the bubbles out of the way when i'm trying to use a camera or video, and lastly the minimus it will work either way up, again it's streamlined, as far as i'm concerned job done :wink:
looking forward to getting my new reg, an then getting it wet :wink:

rubbachicken:
oooops

i hope it will be OK, it's a new 2005 model, so i hope there won't be a problem with it
a BUY IT NOW on ebay.com shipped to the UK with a 300 bar din for $330, £170
quite a bit cheaper than i could get one over here for

if someone knows other wise, i'd rather not know :wink: :wink:

Your fine, the recall was for regulators from 1999-2001. The Maximus sells for $375 US, list price is around $500. If the reg is new its a pretty good deal. I use the Maximus most of the time with a Apex ATX-50 octo (one of the best cold water octo's you can purchase) but I also own the minimus octo which is a hard breather but it will never freeflow or give you a problem. Have fun and stay safe.

my reg turned up yesterday, i should have asked for a minimus to be included doh never mind
i am a happy chicken

would look into the apex one though
but i cannot find it, all i can see is first/secon stage, no occy's

LeisurePro.com should be able to send you one (Apeks ATX-50 $149 US) to London for a nominal charge. 1-888-805-3600 is LeisurePros US number if this helps at all.

Poseidon8118:
LeisurePro.com should be able to send you one (Apeks ATX-50 $149 US) to London for a nominal charge. 1-888-805-3600 is LeisurePros US number if this helps at all.
i had a look, but i think i'm going to stick with a sherwood minimus

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom